044 throttle rod linkage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am at a loss, this 044 shows no way of going from full choke to fast idle, flip the switch from choke to idle and it goes straight to normal.. The throttle rod goes straight from the trigger to the butterfly and the lever when flipped disengages the full choke butterfly and flies straight up to normal idle. It doesn't do the usual fast idle, blip the throttle to normal procedure... Any suggestions? IMAG0948[1].jpg

the bottom of your trigger catchs a lever that holds it on fast idle when you lift up on the choke lever. but don't touch the throttle or you'l trip the fast idle. one of those parts may be worn or broke.

the bottom of your trigger catchs a lever that holds it on fast idle when you lift up on the choke lever. but don't touch the throttle or you'l trip the fast idle. one of those parts may be worn or broke.
I'll check that and it's been mentioned that it might be an old worn defective spring inside the actual switch on the right of the lever that isn't allowing the lever to stay in position.

Yes, the trigger should catch on the bottom the the master control lever for fast idle. If it goes straight to regular idle you either have a broken master control lever or trigger. All the action happens between the red master control lever and the trigger in the pics. I suppose the spring piece controlling the master control could be messed up also.

Image 1 full choke
Image 2 fast idle
Image 3 normal idle

IMG_1415.JPG IMG_1416.JPG IMG_1418.JPG

Yes, the trigger should catch on the bottom the the master control lever for fast idle. If it goes straight to regular idle you either have a broken master control lever or trigger. All the action happens between the red master control lever and the trigger in the pics. I suppose the spring piece controlling the master control could be messed up also.

Image 1 full choke
Image 2 fast idle
Image 3 normal idle

View attachment 562788 View attachment 562789 View attachment 562790

Yep, pulled the handle apart. Tiny bit worn off the bottom of the trigger. No longer catching. Should really have known this. It's the same as my 038...

Latest posts

Back