046BB Quality = Awesome

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So any new info on the DOLKITA kits ??
are now or soon to be as good a quality ??
bought a 6401 today with the BB intention..
tnx.

Very snazzy cylinder brad. Where is this one destined to rest it's base?
On someone's saw:greenchainsaw:

The cylinders may look better, but I have seen very good looking aftermarket cylinders from years past develop problems with the lining. Not saying these aftermarket cylinders will have these problems.
I believe these are NiSi coated.

What is the cost of one of those?
LINK

So any new info on the DOLKITA kits ??
are now or soon to be as good a quality ??
bought a 6401 today with the BB intention..
tnx.
I have no idea.

So which manufacturer makes these cylinders?
Don't know that either.

Looks good man. When I have mine ported, if the cylinder is junk as I expect, I might just have it built with one of those.

Thanks for the info.:cheers:

I'm glad to see they are getting some good quality in the aftermarket kits now.

Are those pits in the bore?

attachment.php

attachment.php

damn and I went on the advice of the stock 066 cylinder and Metero and have to play with the squish. Prolly should of just bought the BB

even with the pitting in the cylinder walls they look great to me specialy for 130 bucks

Excellent photos, Brad. :clap:

If I am interpreting these two photos correctly, the jug does have a gouge at the very top of the bore. The gouge doesn't appear to be bad enough to cause problems with a stock piston, but if doing a pop-up, one must take care to keep the top ring out of the ditch.

I've also seen some missing plating at the top of the bore on 2 of the recent NWP kits.
881976834_yRobW-M.jpg

881976874_9khNx-M.jpg

Evan, did you put a BB on your 066 ? How's the compression ? How's the power ? Did you widen the ports ?

They don't look any better than any Stihl cylinder that I own.

Stihl puts hundreds of people to work manufacturing products right here in the United States of America.

If you are tired of seeing jobs offloaded to third world companies then buy products from manufacturers that invest in the future of American jobs.

was that without or with a gasket,if yes,how thick gasket??

No gasket just some Ultra Black RTV. IF I remember correctly the squish was 22 thou in three spots and 23 thou on another. Those are the most consistent measurements of the several times I checked.

They don't look any better than any Stihl cylinder that I own.

Stihl puts hundreds of people to work manufacturing products right here in the United States of America.

If you are tired of seeing jobs offloaded to third world companies then buy products from manufacturers that invest in the future of American jobs.

I don't think any Stihl 046/460 cylinders are made in the US, but in principal I agree with you! :givebeer:

Are those pits in the bore?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've had motorcycle cylinders replated from some pretty upmarket companies that have had that same "Pitting".

A write up from one of those companies mentioned on their site that occasional pitting wasn't a problem at all as it retained oil on the cylinder wall and didn't affect compression.

I don't think any Stihl 046/460 cylinders are made in the US, but in principal I agree with you! :givebeer:

It's my understanding that none of the engine parts for Stihl's Pro models are manufactured in the U.S., whether or not they're Mahle, Stihl, or other third-party manufacturer.

We're pumping up the German and Swedish economies with our love of Stihl and Husqvarna...

Latest posts

Back