046BB Quality = Awesome

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To true, but in my defense, I wasn't defending Brad, It's just that Iv'e seen this go round too many times. I can see one thing Brad should of left out in what he said, "Look out OEM" but it is somewhat true I suppose.

I don't see the problem in making this thread to tell people that he is happy with this particular aftermarket cylinder. Sure it has some minor defects, will it affect performance though? Probably not, just like your chitty Stihl ones that they are cheaping out on.

The fact of the matter is that those aftermarket ones have come a long way, and are getting much better. When Stihl has taken a downgrade in the quality department.

Thats all your opinon which entitles me to state mine correct? That BB cylinder in the pics is nothing to write home about, you know and I know it. If you took a moment to read post 3 by the OP you would see the little ding at the end of that post was merely to get the ball rolling in this thread as I'm sure you well know too. In other words he did abit more than just say he was happy about the BB cylinder, he enticed argument so you my dear ole freind should have a sit down with him if you don't like these same ole type of threads. Just trying to help ya out alittle bit, no need for thanks,haha

Oh and while I got you here this non-sense about Stihl going downhill and the rest of the garbage the naysayers and wanna be's spit out, well it appears Husqvarna themselves has a very different of opinon of Stihl. Seems the honcho's at Husqvarna admit Stihl is such a great company that they do not need box stores to do business. Thats quite a statement when they, Husqvarna, admit they can't afford to do without the box store biz and don't understand how Stihl does it. Go to the Mike Jones segment in the link and then jump to 3.30 on the slider and listen closely. That had to be very painfull for them to admit.

http://corporate.husqvarna.com/index.php?p=ir&s=cmd&afw_lang=en

Thats all your opinon which entitles me to state mine correct? That BB cylinder in the pics is nothing to write home about, you know and I know it. If you took a moment to read post 3 by the OP you would see the little ding at the end of that post was merely to get the ball rolling in this thread as I'm sure you well know too. In other words he did abit more than just say he was happy about the BB cylinder, he enticed argument so you my dear ole freind should have a sit down with him if you don't like these same ole type of threads. Just trying to help ya out alittle bit, no need for thanks,haha

Oh and while I got you here this non-sense about Stihl going downhill and the rest of the garbage the naysayers and wanna be's spit out, well it appears Husqvarna themselves has a very different of opinon of Stihl. Seems the honcho's at Husqvarna admit Stihl is such a great company that they do not need box stores to do business. Thats quite a statement when they, Husqvarna, admit they can't afford to do without the box store biz and don't understand how Stihl does it. Go to the Mike Jones segment in the link and then jump to 3.30 on the slider and listen closely. That had to be very painfull for them to admit.

http://corporate.husqvarna.com/index.php?p=ir&s=cmd&afw_lang=en

OK Thanks! Ha ha.

But! My opinion which is hard to deny from the photos, is that the Stihl Cylinders have taken a hit in Quality! Mahale in one hand Stihl in the other, you can't deny the difference. You can argue all you want about it, and bring husky into this to get off topic, I don't care how great you think Stihl is, fact is fact. And just so you know I'm not biased one way or the other, Stihl makes a great saw, so does Husky, I own many of both.

I'm not going to go any farther with this, that is my opinion, which I can have, and you can have yours, you bring up many great points, I wont deny that.

OK Thanks! Ha ha.

But! My opinion which is hard to deny from the photos, is that the Stihl Cylinders have taken a hit in Quality! Mahale in one hand Stihl in the other, you can't deny the difference. You can argue all you want about it, and bring husky into this to get off topic, I don't care how great you think Stihl is, fact is fact. And just so you know I'm not biased one way or the other, Stihl makes a great saw, so does Husky, I own many of both.

I'm not going to go any farther with this, that is my opinion, which I can have, and you can have yours, you bring up many great points, I wont deny that.

Well thankya , thankya very much. I'm sorry too that out of millions on top of millions of cylinders a handfull has been used to the hilt by some and by one with no cylinder crediablity at all as some sort of real proof an enitre company is going to hell, it has to be the biggest joke on this entire site, it sure makes for fun and arguement though which is its sole purpose of course. Like you I agree it does get old but heat in the kitchen never bothered me,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm off to cook out, its a holiday week end. Its tummy time baby!!!!!!!!!!

OK Thanks! Ha ha.

I find it inconsistent that so many will claim Stihl quality has gone way downhill, yet in the OPs 3 saw thread the 660 cut right with the 390, a saw of much newer design.

In the wood everything that should be there is there.

Two faced fool...

Originally Posted by parrisw View Post
Man how many times does this STUPID FFING BROKEN RECORD NEED TO PLAY ITSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN? People need to stop pissing and moaning about **** and get on with it!! Brad just made a post about how nice this aftermarket jobby looked, then all hell broke loose. Some dude's should stop wearing the Stihl undies. Its this **** that makes a forum go bad, and drive people away. No wonder why some people choose to not post any of their own stuff.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww temper temper there, unwind those panties of yours,haha. You do however in your babysitting mode there bring up a good point, someone, maybe you, should inform the OP of this thread to give it a rest, he seems to have a habit of starting many opinonated cylinder threads, maybe you should tell him to knock it off and get it over it. That way you wouldn't have to come running to defend, wouldn't that be neat. Also the BB cylinder in this thread, either many are blind or can't breath from their nose being buried, its one or the other, that cylinder doesn't look so hot at all, it has many obvious imperfections. Considering the sourse the write up its not surprising those imperfections were overlooked. Same ole same ole huh,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Too late, he has a permanent knot:hmm3grin2orange:

Well thankya , thankya very much. I'm sorry too that out of millions on top of millions of cylinders a handfull has been used to the hilt by some and by one with no cylinder crediablity at all as some sort of real proof an enitre company is going to hell, it has to be the biggest joke on this entire site, it sure makes for fun and arguement though which is its sole purpose of course. Like you I agree it does get old but heat in the kitchen never bothered me,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm off to cook out, its a holiday week end. Its tummy time baby!!!!!!!!!!

I find it inconsistent that so many will claim Stihl quality has gone way downhill, yet in the OPs 3 saw thread the 660 cut right with the 390, a saw of much newer design.

Man you Stihl guys sure do get a little prickly over nothing. There must not be any humans that work at Stihl who might make a mistake every now and then I guess. Maybe I misread something, cause I don't think anyone said that Stihl was crap or didn't run well. You guys sure can blow things outta proportion in a hurry.

Man you Stihl guys sure do get a little prickly over nothing. There must not be any humans that work at Stihl who might make a mistake every now and then I guess. Maybe I misread something, cause I don't think anyone said that Stihl was crap or didn't run well. You guys sure can blow things outta proportion in a hurry.

Hahahaha!!!!!

You are either out of your tree or you are one of those people that can absorb way more bewlshyt than the average person.....

Hahahaha!!!!!

You are either out of your tree or you are one of those people that can absorb way more bewlshyt than the average person.....

:jawdrop:Are you are insinuating that I am a primate of lesser intelligence?
I must have missed the "bewlshyt." I don't have near the experience with Stihl cylinders that some do and all the ones I have experience with were of very good quality. I have a lot of respect for Stihl products and parts. For the most part they are without flaw. That being said I have seen some of the pics posted and they were not as good as I would expect for the price. I just make it a practice not to hug any one company's
attachment.php
, no matter how perfect and shiny and nice others say they are.

Last edited:
:jawdrop:Are you are insinuating that I am a primate of lesser intelligence?
I must have missed the "bewlshyt." I don't have near the experience with Stihl cylinders that some do and all the ones I have experience with were of very good quality. I have a lot of respect for Stihl products and parts. For the most part they are without flaw. That being said I have seen some of the pics posted and they were not as good as I would expect for the price. I just make it a practice not to hug any one company's
attachment.php
, now matter how perfect and shiny and nice others say they are.

See, I knew you didn't get it. Every manufacturer has QA issues. If the OP had called out Jonsered cyclinders I would have said the same thing. If the Chicom quality is so good then buy 100% Chinese saws.

It isn't about Stihl...

Does that make it easier for you?

See, I knew you didn't get it. Every manufacturer has QA issues. If the OP had called out Jonsered cyclinders I would have said the same thing. If the Chicom quality is so good then buy 100% Chinese saws.

It isn't about Stihl...

If you mean to say that someone stating their opinion that Stihl cylinders are not as good now as they once were, then to me there is no BS as that's an opinion, and it is about Stihl. You responded, again all about Stihl. I have said nothing of Chicom quality, cause I don't have any experience with them and don't have any reason to. Then you bring up some 3 month old BS that has long been taken care of and start slinging around the personal insults. I get it, I just don't agree.

It isn't about Stihl...

Your going off tangent here. 100% Chinese saws are a total joke, nuff said. The only reason these offshore cylinders are any good, is because Baileys is involved with the Quality control. The Chinese are quite capable of turning out quality stuff, its just that there is no-one overseeing most of their products, and we just let them into the Country, that's the chitty part about the whole deal.

Last edited:
Your going off tangent here. 100% chinese saws are a total joke, nuff said. The only reason these offshore cylinders are any good, is because Baileys is involved with the Quality control.

The crap is made in the same plants....no tangent.

The Chicom cylinders are better now because the first ones sold were total crap, and the end user had to bear the brunt of the QA process. The quality of the original BB kits was terrible, just like a 100% Chinese saw is still.

As I have already said, this isn't about Stihl. This is about not supporting third world junk peddlers that could care less about investment in American manufacturing jobs.

I can tell you that my 1994 044 has better build quality than my 2007 MS660. That is the nature of any product that is trying to compete in a tough market.

Supporting the junk manufacturers just brings the whole pyramid down.

You keep saying it's not about Stihl, if it's not so be it. This post was the one that made me think it might be. I will have to agree with you about supporting quality manufacturers whenever possible.

The Chicom cylinders are better now because the first ones sold were total crap, and the end user had to bear the brunt of the QA process. The quality of the original BB kits was terrible, just like a 100% Chinese saw is still.

As I have already said, this isn't about Stihl. This is about not supporting third world junk peddlers that could care less about investment in American manufacturing jobs.

I can tell you that my 1994 044 has better build quality than my 2007 MS660. That is the nature of any product that is trying to compete in a tough market.

I totally agree! But Stihl cylinders are not Made in USA, are they? I could actually care less about made in USA, I'd rather see Made in Canada.

I totally agree! But Stihl cylinders are not Made in USA, are they? I could actually care less about made in USA, I'd rather see Made in Canada.

No the 046/066 cylinders are not made in the USA, but Stihl does make cylinders in the USA, as does Husqvarna with the Poulan operation.

Stihl plumbs millions of dollars into the US economy, and puts Americans to work. That, to me, is worth supporting.

No the 046/066 cylinders are not made in the USA, but Stihl does make cylinders in the USA, as does Husqvarna with the Poulan operation.

Stihl plumbs millions of dollars into the US economy, and puts Americans to work. That, to me, is worth supporting.

Ya. I agree about supporting local stuff. FYI, I've never bought a BB kit. I may just try one though and a Makita I'm getting though, depends on how much a OEM 7900 kit is I guess.

Latest posts

Back