050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0659.JPG Ok, I found one,... i Know I have more, I know I have the one with the egg shape on the bottom. I really dont want to dig through all the boxes cause I have them packed very carefully. A mostly complete saw in each. This one is the most aggressive and looks cool!! dont know if it matches yours.

Also as Ace said you can get laser cut new ones for 10$. I dont know if they will hold paint though. And your buddy isnt the only one that has them. Their popping up everywhere (I think).

I can get you a brand new full wrap for 35$, dont ask,...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Stihl-...988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c030648c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-STI...523?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cccd219b

That's the style dawgs that I ordered, Rocky. They have them powdercoated in different colors or gold anodized. I went with black, but a lot of guys like the orange ones. They have different colors for different brands of saws. I forgot DDave had a bad experience with that company. I know he's not the only one. That's unfortunate, as they have a lot of stuff (not always good). I did score an NOS full wrap mount from them on my last order (hopefully it arrives today). It's the 2-piece one that connects both ends of the handle. The PTO side is usually chain-chewed beyond any useful purpose on earth.

Hey Rocky, that's kind of you to offer DDave some help on obtaining a full wrap. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I was afraid he would ask....you know. Stipulation, don't ask...problem solved, good idea.

I already sent the package off with mismatched dawgs. I may bite the bullet and call that guy about a full wrap and matching spikes.
I don't see a clutch cover with chain brake that has the divot at the bottom, is it possible that they never made a full wrap for use with the chain brake?
I may have a handle custom built if that is the case.
I made another list of little crap for the dealer, though I expect most will be NLA.
I need a plunger for the manual oiler for sure, none in the boxes :(
packed a bunch of extra stuff up till the pieces come back from powdering
IMG_6300_zpsmkqmxu1g.jpg

lol!!!!

I wrote to Lee and this was his reply about the fullwrap with chainbrake.

"Sure. The whole unit is contained in the cover. It has to be the 76 crankcase though and it has to be the side cover with the knock-out at the bottom for clearance for the underneath side of the bar. Then all you need is the handle, screw and spring. The reason you can't find it is because the standard 076 was not equipped with a full wrap and if you wanted one you had to order it as an accessory. "

Hmm...he states that the c/b assy. is contained in the clutch cover but requires an 076 case. A person may have to do a side by side comparison to figure it out. I wonder if ALL 076's have this "difference".

I'm not sure what kind of a dummy I am, but I'm sure I qualify for at least 2 or 3 types.

lol!! I hear ya :) I just got my balls if anybody needs some!! I doubt I'll need 10 4mm balls!!!!! I got some different external triggers that hopefuly will allow higher rpm's for the 076. Waiting on my tach so I can confirm that I'm spinning right over 10,000 and then change the trigger and see what I can get out of her. Then maybe go with a bit bigger carb and see what that does for me. Then the saw will not be for sale!!! I got to get going on another one. Got 2 snowblowers to do and 2 sleds to put back together first. Just picked up a 20 ton shop press so I,m looking forward to pressing some bearings into cases the easy way!! Ive been using a large vise, sockets, and wood for 35 years so it will be a welcome change!! :)

Dang Rocky, how many days you been waiting for those? I ordered some Homie needle bearings from Michigan the other day & they arrived in 2 days.

Those oiler plungers that you & DDave need are stihl on the bay. I didn't realize that price was for ONE!

Bryce (Kevin) made a mistake on my double dawgs. He sent me silver anodized instead of black powder coat. However, I'm greatful for the error, as I like these better! These dawgs are very nicely done & they fit perfectly. The clutch cover was in exceptionally nice condition also. Now, if I just had that handle support that I let get away [butt kick]!

I like the handles of the chopsaws better than chainsaws. they tend to be alot cleaner, less abused and rarely a stripped thead. The chopsaws blow up alot quicker so the handles are always very nice, i clean them up with a masonry detergent like sureclean 600 and they come out like new. I have a beatup cracked one that can be repaired ill send you as long as you replace it someday :)

I think I talked about the balls a while ago but didnt need them till I just picked up a manual pump (missing the ball of course) shipment was 3-4 days, not bad :)

Yeah, that one that I was watching WAS off a chopsaw. I'm sure it came off the same saw that the REALLY NICE recoil/tank that I scored (thank you) came off of. He had another one also (but not as nice), they both "sat there forever & left together". I know where there's another one, but it looks pretty rough (for the same price). Of course, there's that new one, but ain't no way I'm doin' that!

I WOULD like to get one of the check balls, Rocky. I was going to try to come up with an alternative, but seeing as you have the real deal.

.....I,m looking forward to pressing some bearings into cases the easy way!! Ive been using a large vise, sockets, and wood for 35 years so it will be a welcome change!! :)

The easy way is to freeze the bearings and heat the case halves. They literally will drop right in and seal quite nicely as the mag cools. The press will come in handy for gettin' em back out, tho!

I have frozen the bearings before and always heat the case but never could get one to just "drop in". Seems like all the fiddling I do with the dam thing my hand warms it up before i can get it to slide in. My heat gun works slick though on everything!!

Ace you got to send me your addy again and I'll get that ball to you. I guess you dont want the cracked lower handle? :)

Latest posts

Back