050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could make that piece easy enough. Take the other piece and cut the tube off leaving about 1/8" of it, drill the threads out from the tube side slowly till it punches through. Take a grinder to it so that you can get at the center of the hole you made. Counter sink the other side with a 5/16" bit just a tad and there you go.

You could make that piece easy enough. Take the other piece and cut the tube off leaving about 1/8" of it, drill the threads out from the tube side slowly till it punches through. Take a grinder to it so that you can get at the center of the hole you made. Counter sink the other side with a 5/16" bit just a tad and there you go.
I've never been able 2 really engineer parts lol my brain don't think that creative lol. Sad but true.

Got my 075 av electronic stihl goin an put a new chain on the 25" stihl duromatic bar i love this saw i like old saws better than newer saws any way but i do lie this saw it has the Torque to cut anything u could sink it in it has a short bar but it bucks very very well im gna put a sprocket nose bar on later but 4 now its layn em dwn like this lol. It is very heavy tho but i just take a few more brakes while usen it i love its sound in the woods like a big block saw should sound like.

Yes they are awesome saws. Compare to the 880 and you'll find the weight is only 2 lbs more and 10 cc's less. You can get more chain speed with 3/8 pitch. I don't think you'll sacrifice power or torque. Plus you can work on these saws, parts are cheap and you can run em wide open all day long without meltdown. They do vibrate more so keep the tank/recoil screws tight. Also muffler/and guard screws tight. Should last a very long time. Also keep air filter clean.

Yes they are awesome saws. Compare to the 880 and you'll find the weight is only 2 lbs more and 10 cc's less. You can get more chain speed with 3/8 pitch. I don't think you'll sacrifice power or torque. Plus you can work on these saws, parts are cheap and you can run em wide open all day long without meltdown. They do vibrate more so keep the tank/recoil screws tight. Also muffler/and guard screws tight. Should last a very long time. Also keep air filter clean.
I like it i'm not used to the weight but i love this saw lol. I'll keep the screws tight on it i pretty good on checken em a couple times a week.

Posting a bunch of pictures of the muffler and muffler cover for the 075 here for a fellow member :)
IMG_8673_zpsnbhk7c9s.jpg
IMG_8674_zpshird6te4.jpg
IMG_8675_zpsmmc5qmuu.jpg
IMG_8676_zpsn0hdaxjx.jpg

IMG_8677_zpsrytyvu6y.jpg
IMG_8678_zps9peavvgl.jpg

IMG_8679_zpsjzfyanx4.jpg
IMG_8680_zpsvao0phld.jpg

IMG_8681_zpsycqmowa9.jpg
IMG_8682_zpsdh8hk9tf.jpg

IMG_8683_zpsetptmfye.jpg
IMG_8684_zpsdizbtwqq.jpg

IMG_8685_zpshzdacknk.jpg

DD

Hey rockfarmer, my 075 has a walbro wj11-2 carb. I can't find any info on it. Acres internet lists tilotsons on the entire series. Another web site lists walbro ws11-1 on the 051, 075. I'm considering going to the Tilly. What do you think. I'm having issues that I believe are carb related, and I'm not sure if the rebuild kit is correct.

Thanks for the link, Pogo. Am I to assume the wj-11-1 and the wj-11-2 are the same carb?

All I can tell you is I'll send you 3 rebuilt Tillotsens for that carb! Yes that's how rare they are. Also supposedly the correct carb for the super is the Walbro which makes me wonder what you have on your hands. Does it have a high rise intake. Also rarely and I mean very rarely are saw problems carb related. It's such a simple device. If it's been even remotely cleaned (intake screen the most important) it should do its job. Seals, tuning, electronics, gremlins all raise hell, and a bunch of other crap I don't know about lol. I've had several problems through the years and swapping known good running carbs never does it for me. Just my two cents.

No, it doesn't have the high rise. I always overlook the simple stuff. It needed a new fuel filter! I bought the saw off ebay. Not sure if it was messed with at all before I got it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back