056 and new Proline ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadguy131

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I changed my 056 ignition out with the new one made by proline (Sem GA style) and was curious if anyone else has had any experience with them. The spark seems not as strong as the original and when i rev her up sometimes it will rev fine then it acts like its cutting out. I went a head and rebuilt the carb and that didn't make any difference. I also noticed it doesn't have the power i am used to when cutting. Just curious if anyone else has had any experience with these ignition modules.

Thanks

Artie

I changed my 056 ignition out with the new one made by proline (Sem GA style) and was curious if anyone else has had any experience with them. The spark seems not as strong as the original and when i rev her up sometimes it will rev fine then it acts like its cutting out. I went a head and rebuilt the carb and that didn't make any difference. I also noticed it doesn't have the power i am used to when cutting. Just curious if anyone else has had any experience with these ignition modules.

Thanks

Artie
Did you correctly clock the new coil or did you just bolt it in?

yeah the timing was good, i cut about a half a tank with it after the upgrade. but now after playing around with it last night i dont have any spark now. so either these new electronics have failed or im grounding out somehow. when i first put it all back together it ran good and the more i used it the more it started acting up. i took it apart and hooked a drill up to the fly wheel nut and have the spark plug out so i can check my spark and i got nothing now. So i will do some more troubleshooting once i get home from work tonight. Never used Proline stuff before so was just curious. Starting to look like Chinese crap to me. hopefully not but.......

Really, wow, because while i was in the middle of a cut the plug wire popped off twice on me so i had to replace the spring and boot. So maybe that's what killed it then. Thanks, i did not know it they were that sensitive. Also i was looking at the IPL and noticed it called for a spark plug with resistor and the one i was running had none. dont know if that s a big a deal as the plug wire popping off while at 10k rpms. I just recieved another one yesterday that i was going to put in my CD2100 so i will install on this saw and see what happens. Thanks for that info.

Where are you buying them from?
Sawzilla. And i put the new one in and got spark again. But these units definitely dont put out the spark of the original units. If i run the original spark plug that has built in resistor, i have to turn out the lights to see it. Put in plug without resistor and u can see it but its weak. The saw will run. Im going to cut with it today and see how long this one lasts.

So did your sawzilla coil keep running? I know it's been a since you last posted, but I'm curious b/c I've got one of those same ignitions that I plan on installing on one of my 056's if I ever get a chance.

Latest posts

Back