06 powerstroke diesel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish93stang

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
anyone have one of these bad boys? and anyone have problems? im changin my air filter 2 fuel filters and oil right now... hoping i can get it to stop runnin like a pig!:censored:

after i drive for a while and shut it off it wont start like its outta gas when it does start it runs at a low rpm and stepping on the peddle does nothing,.. when im driving it sucks to try and accelerate from a stop real delayed maybe injector issues? fuel pump? someone said cam sensor

I have an 05, 6 liter it started the same way , it acted like the gas pettle had no effect all it would do is idle right to the floor. If i shut it off and waited a few minutes it would return to normal. It gradually got worse till it quit going down the road one day, i changed the fuel filters on the side of the road in a snow storm, the one on the frame rail is a peach laying in slush. That fixed it for a couple of days but it started all over again, took it to dealer they said two injectors had failed.

well its still under warranty so i guess ill hafta get it in its def a fuel issue changed the filters havent driven it yet

Turbo is a common problem on these, and "running like a pig" is a very vague description- that could cover most powerstrokes:greenchainsaw: The high pressure fuel pump is run off oil pressure- have you changed your oil?

7-10K ? That's a bit of a stretch on a oil change for one of those motors. Believe it or not, dirty oil can make those run like a pig.

they say 7500 as a guideline but i changed the oil last week runs fine when its running other than the lack of power on accelerating after a stop... but its when i shut the truck off to go into a store or get foood when i come out its like its outta fuel or runs on a low low rpm til it clunks out

anyone have one of these bad boys? and anyone have problems? :

Not anymore, Thanks!

What you're describing is called dead pedal, do a search on google and you'll get plenty of info. It's a computer problem that the dealer needs to reflash and fix. Yes I had it , 2 of those POS's and glad to be rid of them.

Ford Diesel Truck

I had a 7.3 litre, 1994. Cam sensor went bad on it too, at 50 K. Changed it, no more problems with that dead pedal issue.

Ford and Navistar are coming to blows over the 6.0l. Navistar will no longer be building "Ford" diesels. Ford is in-housing their future diesel line. There are many a recall with the 6.0L.

7-10K ? That's a bit of a stretch on a oil change for one of those motors. Believe it or not, dirty oil can make those run like a pig.

wow i change mine every 3k and put lucas oil stabilizer in it. but it is constantly pulling a chipper, bobcat, chips, logs, tractor. my 6.0 runs good. but if i was doing it over again i would get the duramax i have it in my pickup and love it. like a rocket ship. ive had all 3 now at one time cummins, powerstroke, and duramax. or another and like the duramax the most.

I have a duramax and have run 20k miles the last two oil changes. Just because I am lazy. You can't do that with a Ford, not that it can't take it but the injection system relies on good oil to operate. It's kind of good in a way, if you don't have good oil pressure for any number of reasons, your truck will run like #### or not at all.

Back