• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

064 /066 FOR SALE OR TRADE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIVEITAGALLON

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello , I have a stihl 064 that has a 066 aftermarket cylinder kit/mod done that i would like to sell or trade to a ms440 .
The saw is missing nothing and has no cracks in plastic . it was used commercial so it has alot of scratches . the coil was out on the saw when i bought it and i bought the wrong one for it , it will start but yacks your arm back like it has a sheared flywheel key .
consider this saw being sold as a fixer upper , i would rather someone expect the worst and get better then they thought type of thing .
we cut alot of firewood and just need a saw that would handle a 28 inch bar for bigger trees . i barrow my dads and i love his 440 ! so thats what i want !
pm me if you have any interest
thanks Jason
oh i expect to pay a difference on trade !

Last edited:
I'm sure you know this but the 064 is better for 28" bars and larger then a 70cc 440 is. The 440 is a 24/25" bar max saw and 28-32 for the once or twice a year tree. 28" and above is 90cc + and that is what the 064/066 is.

I ran my friends 660 with a 32 and my dads 440 with a 28 and it seamed like the 440 did very well . will the 28 just be to hard on the engine and wear it out quick ?
i was told the 28 is max on a 440 so i expected that . if i got one i would run a 20 0r 24 all mostly and put a 28 on for the bigger wood . i wish i could find someone close to me that could work on it as a side job type of thing ....... im in a little to deep on the saw already so to speak !

Got pictures of it? What kind of price as is? I'm sure someone on here has a project 440.

I'd be interested if the price was right. I have been looking for a nice 064 for a while. Let's see some pictures and hear a price

I thought I had a picture on my phone but don't I will get one Tomorrow a d try to post it .
Price ..... I don't know . I feel I am at a loss cause what I have in it . Please feel free to message me a offer .
I would really like to barter ..... On a 440

Here are some pics , I took advise from another post and put a paper beside saw and wrote arborsite and my screen name . I wrote no cracks in plastics and I was wrong , their is one on the cleaner cover ( see pic ) sorry .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
I started the saw and made a video of it running and revving . i can send it thru text to a phone if someone is truly interested in the saw . i really think it has the wrong coil on it but it didnt yank my arm back while pulling it and it started and revved . i dont want to run it if it has the wrong coil .
note to self always tighten bolts before you walk away and forget two weeks later ! i now have to put two starter pawls on it !

Back