064 Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighter33

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I finally got my 064 put together with a BB kit. Put fresh fuel in it and tried to fire it up. Well no luck :(
Put some fuel in carb started right up but shut down right away. Where should I start?? I cleaned the carb and checked fuel and impulse line they look good. Should I just replace them and start from there. Just seems like it not pulling any fuel in. Will start every time with fuel right in the carb. Thanks for the help.

The carb needs a rebuild. I would also replace the impulse line while your at it.:msp_thumbsup:

I did not put a kit in the carb. Anyone have a kit laying around?
The impulse is hooked up. Did not vac pressure test it I've never done that nor do I have the tools yet. I should look up some threads on that. :)

Where is the best place to find a carb kit?
I will grab a new fuel line and filter and a impulse line this weekend. Does the stealer carry carb kits?

Yes any small engine repair shop should have the kit.
Especially your dealer. They run around $10 to $13. You will need to find out what the carb model is. It should say something like WJ69A. Take that model number to your dealer and they will hook you up. Better yet take the carb to them and say I need a rebuild kit for this carb. :clap:

Yes any small engine repair shop should have the kit.
Especially your dealer. They run around $10 to $13. You will need to find out what the carb model is. It should say something like WJ69A. Take that model number to your dealer and they will hook you up. Better yet take the carb to them and say I need a rebuild kit for this carb. :clap:

What he said that's the best way to make sure you get the right kit.

I usually assume that the "previous owner" was less scrupulous than myself as regards maintenance, and calculate fuel filter, carb kit, fuel line, and air filter into the cost of a saw purchase. It's pretty cheap insurance against early failure if the machine is solid to begin with.

Well guys i rebuilt the carb and tried again. Got it started up ran for a minute or 2 and locked up:cry:. This was a brand new 066bb kit from bailey's. What did i do wrong??? Or was it a bad jug? Im a newbie at this so....:dunno:

attachment.php

attachment.php

What did the rings look like after you disassembled it? Did you orient the ring gap away from the exhaust port? Were the circlips still firmly in place after disassembled it? Did you replace the fuel line as well?

Latest posts

Back