064 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikb47

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an old thread on here where I had to do some epoxy work on a cracked 064 case. Well I stumbled upon an old 066 crankcase with metal flywheel. So my question is, can I swap this 066 case on to my 064 without any troubles? Thanks for your insight.

Yeah I just don't want to take a chance and have that epoxy lose the seal. If I remember correctly there wasn't but a few ounce weight difference between the two.

Will the 064 crank work in the 066 case?

Are you just swaping everything from your 064 onto a 066 case? Then yea shouldnt have an issue...I just put a 660 tank on my 064 and I didnt have a problem.

There are some major difference: the 064 case uses a different oiler than the 066 case, the jug bolt pattern is different between the 064 and 066. It will not be a direct replacement for the 064 case. My 2 cents worth.

Are you just swaping everything from your 064 onto a 066 case? Then yea shouldnt have an issue...I just put a 660 tank on my 064 and I didnt have a problem.
The cylinder bolts have a smaller pattern on the 064. The oiler on the 064 has the tube through the case and the 066 is directly drilled through the case. Oil pumps must be swapped. AS stated by KTM460 that there are differences

I'm on board too. Trying to find a reasonably priced crankcase for my 064 project, when I have the money, that is. I've seen a few 066 crankcases but I also was not sure it would swap over.

I broke a piece of the mag casting, you know, the part where the jug mounts to it. I almost had a mental breakdown that day. I've either got to repair this one so I can trust it, or get a different crankcase. I'm watching this thread for info!

Ouch is right! When I get some cash around I'll post on here looking for a good used one probably. I don't have much faith in getting this one welded properly.

There out there just look at the bearing mounts closely for the big bearing to big or loose in the casting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back