064 That's 17 Years Old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewoodster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a Stihl 064 from the original owner And only used for limbing, topping and bucking.
Is there anything besides compression that I need to be concerned about before the final handshake?
Just don't want to be disappointed being that I'm new to buying older, used saws.

Two HUSKY 36's and the 262XP should be here by Wednesday.

RR

new used saw

make sure it runs and operates as it was from the factory take a lookunder and around the carb for gas strange repairs

saw replacement

Firewoodster said:
I'm looking to purchase a Stihl 064 from the original owner And only used for limbing, topping and bucking.
Is there anything besides compression that I need to be concerned about before the final handshake?
Just don't want to be disappointed being that I'm new to buying older, used saws.

Two HUSKY 36's and the 262XP should be here by Wednesday.

RR

I have a stihl 051 bought 25yrs. ago--- still kicks butt. Can't beat it.

look how its been stored, if its been sitting on a concrete floor dont touch it IMO

absolutely love my 064!

but it was in excellent condition when I purchased it 6 months ago. IMHO when purchasing old saws, condition is everything.

stihl 064.JPG

a_lopa said:
look how its been stored, if its been sitting on a concrete floor dont touch it IMO

OK you have peeked my interest also, what do you have against concrete floors? :confused:

a_lopa said:

Couldn't agree more! I store mine out back in the mud pit. It sucks out all the bad gas and poisons, eliminates wrinkles, and helps maintain their youthful complexion. Haven't tried taking one out of storage yet though. I left the handles just out of the mud so I could find them, but weeds have covered them up. My weedwacker would take care of the weeds if I could find it. Oh crap, I think I took it out back and put it in storage last year too!:bang:

Latest posts

Back