064AV ignition module (coil) dead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MXHowes

Reaction score
Re: 064AV electronic quickstop, good running saw last summer. Went to fire it up a few days ago and no spark. Pulled the ignition module and got 924 ohms primary and 0 secondary.The coil does not have a stihl part number on it but does say Prufrex CDIC 106/1 and the number 68 stamped on it. I looked in my Spare Parts List (07/2004) and it looks the same as #26 (1122 400 1303) and states no longer available.

I have two questions to ask:

1. The picture shows the spark plug boot, wire and lead as a separate parts. I have been gently pulling at the boot which doesn't want to budge. Then I noticed in the picture there is a lead retainer and grommet attached to the module (which mine doesn't have) so I am probably looking at the wrong module. Can I pull off the plug boot to directly check resistance?

2. Can someone tell me what part number I should be looking at for a replacement module?

Thanks

If you have the CDIC module then 1122 400 1303 is the replacement part number and those are NLA.

In order to get the plug terminal out of the boot, grip the plug terminal (hooked spring inside the plug boot) with a pair of good needle-nose pliers,
and slide the boot down the lead toward the ignition module.

If your module is dead, then you can source a replacement flywheel/module set.

Try twisting the lead out of the coil, some of them are screwed on.

For a coil, you can use the universal 0000 400 1300 coil but you'll need to track down a different flywheel. Either the one with 2 key slots (1203?) or the 1201 flywheel with 1 slot I believe are what you need.

There were a lot of coil/ flywheel combos on these saws, you need to pick a combo that you can find parts for and swap them in.

...In order to get the plug terminal out of the boot, grip the plug terminal (hooked spring inside the plug boot) with a pair of good needle-nose pliers, and slide the boot down the lead toward the ignition module...
Rather amazing that the procedure Jacob just described was also what I needed and followed with a rather new MS661C last week. The wire attachment to the plug is ready to snap with a simple pry off and separate from the wire to the IM. It would have been rather easy to snap the wire coiled around the the plug. Not good engineering design in my book.

Latest posts

Back