066/660 coil/flywheel problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leetabix

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys! To cut a long story short, I am rebuilding a late model 660, onto an old 066 crankcase (Broken casing) At the time, and according to the stilhl parts diagram, I was thinking straight swap, easy! However, the poly flywheel won't fit on the older style 066 crank, as I'm sure some of you could probably have told me! Anyway, I went ahead and used the aluminium wheel that came with the 066, part number 1122 400 1209, coupled with the newer coil on the 660, I now don't have a spark. Even if the coil/flywheel combination was not correct, surely I should still have a spark? Is there a chance the flywheel is knackered somehow? I didn't take any of the wiring apart in the handle as I didn't have to, so I figure that should still be fine. I have read that the flywheel may/may not be compatible with later coils, so my question, assuming there is nothing wrong with the ali flywheel, and the switching/wiring is fine, and I DO have a coil compatibility issue, is there a coil that will work with the old ali flywheel I have, (it has only one key position) 1122 400 1209, and swap directly for the coil I have. Any help would be much appreciated! Dave

So the flywheel you have, 1209, is only compatible with the CDIC ignition module, which for 066 is 1122 400 1307. This is the rev-limiting module. Your best best is to find one of the dual-key flywheels or one of the later flywheels compatible with other ignitions.

This might work. Keep in mind if the flywheel has two keyways you need to pick the right one, and I can't remember which is which.
That is super useful, assuming now that my best bet is to change the flywheel, which wheels are compatible with the 066 older smaller crank stub?

So the flywheel you have, 1209, is only compatible with the CDIC ignition module, which for 066 is 1122 400 1307. This is the rev-limiting module. Your best best is to find one of the dual-key flywheels or one of the later flywheels compatible with other ignitions.

Many thanks for the reply, my question now is does anyone know which of the flywheels will fit on the older 066 crank shaft?

Would anybody happen to know if the 660 crankshaft will fit into an 066 case, the older one where the end stubs are different?

Back