066 Magnum will not start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntfarms

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 066 magnum that ran great last fall, now I can't get it started. The saw has a big bore kit and ported muffler. Compression is 150 ish psi, I have good spark, new spark plug, checked the flywheel key way and it is good. Cleaned the carburetor and it just kept flooding so I tried a new carburetor and new gas. The saw just floods out and will not start. Any help is greatly appreciated I really need to get my saw running, I have a ton of wood to get cut up.

How long have you owned this saw? Maybe turn low speed screw a bit leaner, warm weather? If flooded, try a zip tie or big spring clamp to keep throttle wide open in run position, no choke. Keep pulling to clear out carb. When started and warm, tune carb. If still no go, might have developed an air leak? Others probably have more insight. Good luck, let us know.

LoveStihlQuality

How long have you owned this saw? Maybe turn low speed screw a bit leaner, warm weather? If flooded, try a zip tie or big spring clamp to keep throttle wide open in run position, no choke. Keep pulling to clear out carb. When started and warm, tune carb. If still no go, might have developed an air leak? Others probably have more insight. Good luck, let us know.

LoveStihlQuality
Edit, I just read your posts about rebuilding it.

LoveStihlQuality

with a non-flooded cylinder (off position, spark plug out and pull it a dozen times preferably upside down) put a small amount of mix ( not straight gas or ether) directly in the carb in run position and see if it fires and then "runs out of gas" - if so it can be a fuel line/filter/impulse issue

I have an 066 magnum that ran great last fall, now I can't get it started. The saw has a big bore kit and ported muffler. Compression is 150 ish psi, I have good spark, new spark plug, checked the flywheel key way and it is good. Cleaned the carburetor and it just kept flooding so I tried a new carburetor and new gas. The saw just floods out and will not start. Any help is greatly appreciated I really need to get my saw running, I have a ton of wood to get cut up.
What brand spark plug? I sold a 066 and after a week it quit. Buyer brought it back and it looked like it had good spark, changed the carb, checked the key and timing, checked the wiring, pulled the cylinder and checked it. I was ready to give up, then I changed the plug. It fired and ran like normal.

Back