076 basket case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshiff

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A friend dropped off A box of 076 parts and said there might be enough parts to put one together, I still have to track down the IPL most of the major parts are there in usable to good shape. What I would like to know what saws can I subsitute parts from, can I use parts from A 051 and do alot of part from A TS 760 crossover? Hope, one of you has crossed this road before and can save me A few steps. Great site

A friend dropped off A box of 076 parts and said there might be enough parts to put one together, I still have to track down the IPL most of the major parts are there in usable to good shape. What I would like to know what saws can I subsitute parts from, can I use parts from A 051 and do alot of part from A TS 760 crossover? Hope, one of you has crossed this road before and can save me A few steps. Great site

Some parts off the other saws will swap out fine. PM me your email address and I can forward you the IPL from both the 051 and 076. I don't have one for the TS 760.

sounds like you're sorted for manuals etc.. Saws to rob parts from:
050 (case,oiler,carb?,crank?handles)
051 (all)
075 (basically the same saw)
TS510 (all motor/handle parts)
TS760 (as above)
You can buy all parts new from a dealer, and there are a few aftermarket options
It's still made as the MS076 and MS051

Thanks

Thanks, I thought I could use alot of those parts, shouldnt be to difficult to put it together, dont know what to do with it when I am done, Working wall hanger? I know the 076 sells new in Mexico, I didnt know they still had parts in the US. Again Thanks to you all.

Thanks, I thought I could use alot of those parts, shouldnt be to difficult to put it together, dont know what to do with it when I am done, Working wall hanger? I know the 076 sells new in Mexico, I didnt know they still had parts in the US. Again Thanks to you all.

The 076 still makes a good CS milling powerhead in big wood. I used mine for 2 years with a 42" and 60" bars.
attachment.php

Fitting a remote throttle and a couple of extra soft grip mountain bike handles knocks the vibes out and these things run all day in really hard wood. I now have an 880 on my mill and for milling there's not as much difference between these two saws as you might think.

One of the few things I don't like about it is that it cannot be completely refuelled mid slab.

Last edited:
Nice setup, I guess I will have to put my basket together. Good picture nice place stayed in Cottesloe, great time.

Nice setup, I guess I will have to put my basket together. Good picture nice place stayed in Cottesloe, great time.

Cheers kshiff. That log was the first I milled with the 60" bar. It was HARD as and was where I learned I absolutely had to touch up the chain after every slab.

Cottesloe was my hang out beach as a teenager - these days it's too crowded on weekends for my liking, still great midweek for a quiet morning swim.

Latest posts

Back