076 stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heviarti

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
topic says it all. anyone got a dead one? I've got a buddy who will trade me a lightning for a parts 076.has to have the "electrical module".. and there's one other part... can't recall right now..

There's not many parts on an 076 that you can't get off an 075. Main differences are: hand guard, oil tank cap location, oil tank vent location (no longer in oil cap), and of course, the nameplate. 075s came with the ignition trigger behind the flywheel. Most I have seen and heard of (including mine) have since been retrofit with the universal module. Stands to reason that 076s came from the factory with the updated module but I can't say for sure. Maybe this is what your friend is trying to get.

Also, I've heard that certain 076s have a different intake block.

I see alot more 075s than 076s. Almost makes me want one.

Chris B.

P.S. Your buddy is weird. Much as I personally would prefer an 076 over a Lightning, the old Stihl is worth a whole lot more.

well, the clutch is locked on the lightning, but it runs. also, he has two 076s, both down right now. he works them.

More differences

076 has different recoil with a removable outer cover. Don't know what for. There are 2 076s on Ebay right now. One is a Super. The air cleaner sits about 1/4" higher because of the intake block.

Chris

Back