076AV medium well done

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUSSIE1

Al.
Reaction score
Ned and Wild’s fight site Vic. Australia.
This Stihl 076AV was found by it's owner after our bushfires last summer.

It still runs.

picture.php

Kinda what I thought Brad. Plus brushfires are generally quite fast moving, so it really wouldn't have much time to get the guts hot. But, I'm amazed the plastic handle melted, but the nylon pull-rope didn't.

Kinda what I thought Brad. Plus brushfires are generally quite fast moving, so it really wouldn't have much time to get the guts hot. But, I'm amazed the plastic handle melted, but the nylon pull-rope didn't.

The handle isn't plastic...what melted was a plastic covering.

Gotta love those old all-Mag saws. It would take a lot of work but it looks like it could be stripped down and repainted to look like new again. My friend has a 2100 and a 288 in his shop right now that "survived" a garage fire at his friend's house. They don't look nearly as salvageable.

the owner of the saw in question

Hi guys, was looking at this web site trying to find exactly what saw i had, this forum has been very helpful.

Yes the saw run, it was hard to belive, and had a few beat with truck drivers that where bring the bushfire waste in.
The air filter had melted and the carby was full of plastic, I still don't under stand how it was running ( idleing) , so far i have had it running and the blade turning, really needs a good tune up.
Was going to get on to stihl and see if the would like it and possiable cough up a new saw in replacment but this has never happened.
I have been stripping the saw down tonight and cleaning it up and was put on to a fella tonight who thinks he might have a few bits for it, so i think I might rebuild it for Sh!ts and giggles.

I will put some more photos of it up in a few days.
Paul

I can try to get some of my phone, i have not got a vid camera, The saw is in bits at the moment, just trying to clean it up a bit.
Mate was a shocked when i stubbled across this thread by accident:jawdrop:

I love the old saw, main reason i'm trying to get it going is to have a go st such a big saw, i have only played with smaller jobs like 038's and the like.
I just got my self a 066 for $250 dollars runs sweet as, gotta go and try that out too.

got vid

Put the saw back together today just cleaned it up as much as I could, still very dirty, paints is a bit buggered on it, and pulled all the melted plastic of it.

I have not touched the saw mechanically yet so this is how it run when i picked it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3WZDZMPFPQ

I tink the old girl might need a carby rebuild, as it surges a bit when your trying to rev it flat out, but it stihl shows you can't kill a stihl.

Back