1/2" Chain Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was raining and not pleasant this afternoon so I went looking. I dug out a couple of the Oregon adapters. One is for the Homelite gear drives and the other for Poulan gear drives.

Attachments

• Rim adapters.JPG
    Rim adapters.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Another option to run .404 on a 1130/1100 is a straight bore 9 pin rim from Danzco. I have not talked with them in a long time so I gave them a call today. They run just under $50 plus postage

Another option to run .404 on a 1130/1100 is a straight bore 9 pin rim from Danzco. I have not talked with them in a long time so I gave them a call today. They run just under $50 plus postage
Thanks for the info. Bill, I have looked at the Danzco pin drive for the 1130G before and that may be the cheapest and easiest way to go.

Now I want to be clear that I am not being critical at all just pointing out a thing or two. Danzco does not sell them as a direct replacement for the Homelite gear. I honestly do not know what it is technically supposed to fit. Just like all custom parts the end user decides how to use the part. What I mean is although the ones they make are TOP quality they are not a perfect solution (allbeit probably the best) I cannot see someone honestly ever wearing one out. I had one I wanted to post a pic of but I could not find it Tuesday. Now the issue I can see is being a pin drive system there is virtually no "play" in chain alignment. If you think about a floating rim it can move in and out to accommodate for bar alignment. On a traditional gear the chain can "self align" on the gear. A straight bore pin drive is solid and the chain cannot align itself. That is fine as you just have to use some washers or shims to align your bar with the drive gear/sprocket. I hope this makes some sense. If I can get a chance later I can post a picture of what I run. It works for me but others opinions will vary

Back