+1 for my Dolmar dealer and a tensioner issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aandabooks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had the chain tensioner break on my 5100. Broke the metal right at the round pin that goes in the bar. Is this a known problem or did I just have a defective one?

Here's where the my dealer comes in: Called on Tuesday morning 10 am and he said he'd get it ordered. Called back Wed 1 pm and verified that the part is in. Going to pick it up in the morning. Went ahead and ordered me two so I have a spare.

I just replaced one on a 510 a few days ago. Right in that exact same spot. Might be a weak spot. However, replacing it is cheap & easy.

Sounds like the dealer is looking out for you AND knows something he's not telling you. Must be a confirmed issue if he's going to get you a spare insed of chalking it up to a "well I'll be darned" like most other Dolmar issues thus far.

Thanks guys. This is what the community needs to hear when developing an opinion of Dolmar in general. Score one for a dealer. Two if the second was a freebie.

Add This

5100 stopped running the other day. Just got back from the saw shop, D&D Eterprises. He ask what was wrong with it. I said no spark. He said there had been no coil problems with this saw. He put a new coil on it. Took it out checked it out in some wood. I am glad it was still under warranty.

Back