10 years old Stihl Kombi 90

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesternSaw

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have not been on here in quite awhile but I’m wondering about an issue with my older KM90 4mix .Last year while using it would not restart just quit . Took it to the shop and it was diagnosed as broken on off switch .repla dean don my way ! This year same thing went to restart and nothing so back-in the shop but as of yet they have not looked at . If it is the same issue we’re these switches problematic ?
Thanks
Western Saw

DND 9000

DND 9000

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Did you let it sit with fuel in it? Sounds linke the fuel system needs service. Always run it dry if it is sitting for more than 3 months. Also check and adjust the valve clearance to the needed specification. It may also be possible that your ignition module is acting up when it is hot.

WesternSaw

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Did you let it sit with fuel in it? Sounds linke the fuel system needs service. Always run it dry if it is sitting for more than 3 months. Also check and adjust the valve clearance to the needed specification. It may also be possible that your ignition module is acting up when it is hot.
No to sitting for any length of time with fuel in it . I was using it on two different jobs shut it off to move something out of the way put switch back to run but it would not start up again. Thought I may have flooded it but that was not the case . Same exact thing happened last year
. So I’m thinking it is the on off switch again . Are those switches problematic ?
Thanks
Western Saw

Latest posts