10 yr old Husqvarna 395 xp with 150 pounds of compression . . . about right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Goodwin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all, I recently had a saw I bought used compression tested and it blew 150. Is this in the acceptable range for this saw, or should I have the piston and rings done to get it in tip top shape? Any advice is appreciated -Dave from CT

Hello all, I recently had a saw I bought used compression tested and it blew 150. Is this in the acceptable range for this saw, or should I have the piston and rings done to get it in tip top shape? Any advice is appreciated -Dave from CT
That should work fairly well, does it start easy and hold idle for a good while? If so dont worry. You should pull the muffler to inspect the piston anyway.

I hate to be the bad guy here but that saw is not going to run for much longer. You should sell it and cut your loses. I`ll help you out and pay you $250.00 for it.
:cheers: :innocent:

I picked the saw up for $700 with a new 36 inch husky bar and chain. Very little wear on the saw . . . paint isn't even gone from the underside. I think that was a fair deal . . .

Plus I was wiling to pay a little more to buy it from a person off this site in the hopes that I wouldn't get screwed over. . . So far so good.

Latest posts

Back