$100 ebay 52cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The $78. chainsaw is not meant to be a quality saw it is a saw you use when you dont want to use your good saws.
Ie when some one wants to borrow your saw.( no 1 uses my 120s or echo 610evl)
maybe mcc 850, or if brave enough thay may try mcc 125c.:laugh:
But Not My 120s or echo 610evl ...:angry:

I once thought that too. Now I prefer to run my good saws all the time. Life is too short, and logging is too hard to put up with poor quality saws.

Most folks just look at the bottom line. Look how many "disposable" saws are sold.

They are disposable because the people who buy them for $99 dollars have a fit when they are quoted more than they paid for the saw to get a 'minor' repair.

I suspect there are 50 to 100 disposables for every "pro" saw sold, probably more!

Take one of them to a real dealer, bet most won't even want to work on them.

Ok back to the topic on hand.

20" Bar Gas Chainsaw Chain Saw 52cc Engine w Aluminum Crankcase Gasoline New | eBay

60cc 22" Gasoline 2 Stroke Aluminum Crankcase Gas Chainsaw w Oregon Blade | eBay

These are the ones I am talking about.

Not that I am in the market for a new saw, just wondering. I really don't have time these days to be running around in the woods turning trees into heat. But still like to think that I am. No the only time I have to myself is when I sit here driving my desk around the world via my computer.

Check the picture of the 60cc saw, the chain is on backwards!! These guys really know what they are up too!!

Lee

I have tried most of these Chinese saws...

The Holzfaller by far being the best, but by no means great. The saw looks like an MS440 made for a Smurf, and is that close that even the parts interchange Although it has about the same power as an MS261, or feels to have anyway.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Holzfaller-G372-72cc-20-Bar-Professional-Chainsaw-Petrol-Chain-Saw-Tools-/290991965090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item43c07903a2&_uhb=1

Others i have tried include Baumr-Ag and BBT, if you only ever used a saw for cleaning up around the yard, these would do fine, but if you wanted to keep warm in winter you wouldnt cause yourself the headaches... The 82 cc saw runs pulls about as well as my 032 but it is really poorly constructed and AV mounts fall out easily.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Baumr-AG-82cc-Commercial-Chainsaw-24-Bar-Pruner-Chain-Saw-Petrol-Pruning-/130926716718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1e7bd7272e&_uhb=1

Before buying any odd brand-name saw on eBay, contact the seller and ask for the website link that provides the parts. No website, no parts, no sale.

A few years ago I bought a Homelite Pro, it took about a hundred pulls for the first start. Ran great for 3 minutes and never ran for more than a few seconds again. (BTW this is after my conversion to e-free gas and storing empty). I broke the starter during one 300 pull try-to-start session and bought another starter on eBay. (I take up all slack and don't pull past the stop).

Buddy of mine bought an "Oregon" saw through Sears web site. Turned out to be an Earthquake. Absolutely loved it for the first month. Then it wouldn't start. I went with him to the local saw shop which was a listed warranty dealer. The moment the owner saw it he said "I need $45 down". The usual "but you're a warranty site" "actually I'm a Stihl dealer but I'll work on anything with money down, might not be worth it to you for the cost of parts" conversation ensued. He ended up taking it back home with him.

After tearing down and fixing an old mag Poulan and a pro Stihl I took another look at that Homelite Pro. After a carb rebuild and check for vacuum and resetting the H and L I tried to start it and after about 30 pulls it broke the second plastic starter. Compression was only 150PSI and I take up all slack and don't pull past the stop so go figure. BTW I pull start the Poulan, the Stihl and the Husky regularly and have never broken one of those starters. Not to mention innumerable B&S and Tecumseh small engines.

Some folks on here recommend other UTXXXXX Ryobi/Homelite Chinese chainsaws along with Blue Max and so on. I consider all of these a gamble where you can lose 100% of your money because of the "authorized warranty station" scam (as demonstrated above, not the dealer's fault). If you take it back to the store they will tell you that you straight-gassed it and take it to an "authorized warranty station" to prove otherwise (see above). Do you think the local Stihl or Husky dealer is going to go to bat for you for a $90 saw you bought elsewhere? It's not worth the labor he pays for 1 hour on the phone, and he would fail anyway.

If you have $90 or $100 to throw away, more power to you. You might win the jackpot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back