100 foot Hickory Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is something up with my computer or youtube? I can not get your vid, or any others to play.

I think i would love to do this for a living, and you make it look so easy. Very well done sir! :rock:

I think i would love to do this for a living, and you make it look so easy. Very well done sir! :rock:

To be honest with you, this one and the one that it brushed up against on the way down were the last two trees to be removed and I couldn't wait till they were down. I had alot of cleaning up and had to grind the stumps. Two days got er done. Thanks for the compliment. Cheers!

Nice job man!

I think that's what we call a Pignut Hickory around these parts. When dealing with those trees, I always try to scarf the sides of my box, so I don't get tears where the log/limb hangs on and pulls on my lanyard, or changes the trajectory of the piece. I could be wrong on the ID, but that's how we handle Hickory's here.

Again, nice job and vid. :cheers:

Thanks Tree MDS! Was alittle concerned with a bark tear but my saw was cutting SWEET and figured it be not a problem. Pissed about not catching the top on the video. Was sick drop, left a divot 2 feet deep. All the best this year!

Looks like a middle to up scale neighorhood. If I did that to my customers guanteed i'd never get a call back plus they would tell all the neighbors about the two ft hole in the ground and close call hitting the house. Little too risky for me. Just saying, glad it worked out for you though.

I agree it was dicey, but it had to get done that way. Never had big money on the job and this was the second day and I start to get the fever for the flavour of getting the job completed. Got four done the first day. Some were bigger in width and a couple were smaller. The holes were no big deal cuz it was all ground cover. Guy was very pleased with the work and I was happy to get it and complete the job. Appreciate the comments

Latest posts

Back