$1000 for cleanup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
around here we have the homeowner make the call to the insurance co. when storm damage occurs and we are usually on site and working in under 4hrs after my office recieves the call(no matter the time of day or night).

The insurance rep will usually be days later before they show up and would never have a chance to provide their 2 cents on how much they think it should cost.

Long as its documented with pictures prior to the guys beginning the job I have never experienced an insurance company try to tell my customer that they are only paying up to a certain amount they percieve is reasonable.

We charge on the high end when it comes to storm damage/emergency work and always get paid. It is up to the homeowner to pay us after completion and they can deal with getting their homeowner's policy to cover the amount.

Do you guys really have to wait for an approval from an insurance rep on "emergency" work?

No, I do not wait. I have been asked to bill insurance companies before and the answer is no. I do the work, I get paid, here is an invoice you can give to the ins. co. After katrina down here a lot of insurance co. only provided $500 dollars for tree clean up, which caused plenty of problems. People are still fighting that around here.

THIS IS WHAT WE USE

FRONT

HAZARDOUS SERVICE WORK REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ACTION. THE OWNER(OR AGENT) UNDERSTANDS THAT S&C TREE SERVICE AND/OR IT'S AFFILIATES ARE WORKING ON THEIR BEHALF TO MINIMIZE DAMAGE IN ADVERSE AND DANGEROUS WORKING CONDITIONS;AND,FURTHERMORE UNDERSTANDS THERE MAY BE SUBSEQUENT AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES TO THE SITE AND/OR ADJACENT PROPERTIES; AND,THEREFORE ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY.

BACK

EMERGENCY SERVICE CONTRACT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• S&C will execute normal and responsible care during all phases of this project.

• S&C reserves the right to stop work at any time during this project, if at its discretion, it becomes unsafe to continue without repercussions and will resume work when S&C deems it is safe to continue.

• S&C reserves the right to stop work once the hazard, in its opinion, has been eliminated (but makes no warranties as to the safety and/or stability of the area) and will continue clean up proceedings at a later date as time and weather allow.

• S&C shall not be held liable for any subsequent or consequential bodily injuries, damages to the premises or property and/or adjacent premises or properties.

• S&C shall not be held liable for delays due to weather, labor disputes, civil unrest, war, or availability of materials, manpower or equipment.

• All invoices are due and payable upon receipt.

• A ten (10%) percent late fee will be charged on a daily basis on all unpaid invoices.

• The Owner (or Agent) is responsible for maintaining security of the premises during the project and limiting access to authorized individuals.

• It is the Owners responsibly to provide S&C with access to the site. S&C reserves the right to charge for lost time if the site is not readily accessible.

• Should it become necessary for a member of S&C to go to court on your behalf, you will be charged $800 per day per man + any and all attorney fees.

ACKNOWLEDGED_______DATE____________

So, did this generous adjuster expect all 17 trees to be included or just the failed ones? What a hoot.

The stumps alone would be appx $1500 to grind, or need a big excavator to dig..then there's the trucking and dump fees.

Grapple truck might be able to get the trees off the house, cheaper than a crane.

Still, I'd reckon the job is worth 6-10k for the 7 downed trees, right about where several of us estimated. And that's at normal hourly rates.

So, did this generous adjuster expect all 17 trees to be included or just the failed ones? What a hoot.

It was probably 1000 for getting it off the roof, if they made some noise they could have gotten the 500 from comprehensive for cleanup.

I've been on jobs where the insurance insisted they only pay for removing the debris from the roof. We learned that you need to tell them that the chipping is part of the safe operations, removing the debris from the work area in an efficient manner. This is where I came to the policy of working with the property owner, not the agent.

I bid the job at $3500 to take them off the roof and $12k to get them off the roof and cleaned up. The homeowner gave me the go ahead........but I wasnt going to start until I had a deposit........and well........they couldnt even make the $1500 deposit.

We usually do the work before the adjuster gets there.......but on this one I was worried about getting paid.

We took them off the house for $1200 with no crane. I did it to help these people as they are in a time of need.

• All invoices are due and payable upon receipt.

• A ten (10%) percent late fee will be charged on a daily basis on all unpaid invoices.

So if I get a $10,000 invoice from you today (Thursday) and don't cut the check until Saturday, then there's a $2,000 late fee!

Can you explain that?

So if I get a $10,000 invoice from you today (Thursday) and don't cut the check until Saturday, then there's a $2,000 late fee!

Can you explain that?

I thought he did explain it, payment is due upon completion!!!!(invoices payable upon receipt)

im sure if the deposit was substantial then the late fee would be waived if paid within that kinda time frame. I would think so anyhow!

LXT...................

Last edited:

Can you explain that?

Something like that would probably not hold up in court, it does not hold up to the age old common law concept of "reasonableness", but 10% per month may be legal. I see that often

I have only done a few jobs for insurance companys. I have never had to deal with the adjuster just did the work got paid by the homeowner and they turned the invice into the insurance company. But around here the insurance wounld't cover most of that job unless you have a special writer on the policy. They only cover removal 6ft from the house and up to $500 in haul away charges. Everything else in the yar would be the homeowners problem. I have never had one pay from the stump removal and things like that. Just to get it off the house.

Scott

i just drove through this area today

fenton area.

i didn't see any jobs under $1000

pretty amazing actually.i can only imagine what it looked liked right after it happened.my brother said it was quite a storm.treess down all over town.

i'd love to see this place in person.

hop on a plane and come to michigan. after our latest storm there are a few houses that make this mess look nothing. we lost power for 1.5 days due to many trees taking wires down and in some cases the whole pole too.

I'm in Highland, about 15 miles south. Tornado went through Fenton.

I'm suprised nobody mentioned the Lexus in the drive.

Latest posts

Back