101B Spark Plug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berrytree

Reaction score
Hey guys. Let me start out by saying that I've been reading posts and found a wealth of information here over the last year and change.

I've read the muffler mod threads, then months later eventually cut up my muffler on my new 372XP. Didn't end there... started reading the porting bit... yup, fell victim to that too. Nothing special there though, just smoothed intake and lower transfers and widened the exhaust keeping .08-.1" on each side of the skirt, then put it back together with some Permatex MotoSeal and no base gasket on top of a new unlimited coil. Wow, all I can say there. Still playing with my mix ratios and carb settings though. Still trying to hear my burble without going too rich. Bought a tach but I read tuning it to factory spec isn't correct as after the port I'm flowing more. Right now its sitting at 14k and will hold over 11k in the cut with a 24" bar and 8 pin rim. Haven't retried the 7 pin yet.

Thank you all for that. Brad's and TW's posts guided me through it step by step for the most part.

I just bought a SP125 with a kart motor from saw king on e-bay, my father egged me to it actually. Thing is a beast. UPS lost the bar though (saw king is currently sending another replacement, GREAT guy), so I said 'self... lets clean this up since I can't bury it in some wood...' a week later I've got it repainted (used the engine enamel color that was suggested here to be close to Mac yellow) and the gas tank resealed with marine-tex where I found a few pinhole leaks. Even found a car paint that was close to the engine shroud kart red. Cleaned up shroud where it was drilled pretty poorly around the decomp and degreased the engine. Bought some new exhaust gaskets and a new lower mount.

Maybe someone can help me with this one too. I've searched till I'm blue in the face, maybe its not just here or I haven't hit the sweet word spot for the search. There's this tiny bosch spark plug in there, mechanic friend of mine that was into old saws says he doubts that's the correct plug. A MC101b Kart Motor part list I found on here just states the part number and that it's a 14mm plug with .472 reach. Based on this reach that bosch plug is incorrect. I was hoping someone that knows about these old MCs to shed some more knowledge on me about the correct plug these little monsters take.

Sorry for the long winded first post, even more sorry it's taken me to long to post. Gotta love working 70+ hrs a week haha :cry:

Hey guys. Let me start out by saying that I've been reading posts and found a wealth of information here over the last year and change.

I've read the muffler mod threads, then months later eventually cut up my muffler on my new 372XP. Didn't end there... started reading the porting bit... yup, fell victim to that too. Nothing special there though, just smoothed intake and lower transfers and widened the exhaust keeping .08-.1" on each side of the skirt, then put it back together with some Permatex MotoSeal and no base gasket on top of a new unlimited coil. Wow, all I can say there. Still playing with my mix ratios and carb settings though. Still trying to hear my burble without going too rich. Bought a tach but I read tuning it to factory spec isn't correct as after the port I'm flowing more. Right now its sitting at 14k and will hold over 11k in the cut with a 24" bar and 8 pin rim. Haven't retried the 7 pin yet.

Thank you all for that. Brad's and TW's posts guided me through it step by step for the most part.

I just bought a SP125 with a kart motor from saw king on e-bay, my father egged me to it actually. Thing is a beast. UPS lost the bar though (saw king is currently sending another replacement, GREAT guy), so I said 'self... lets clean this up since I can't bury it in some wood...' a week later I've got it repainted (used the engine enamel color that was suggested here to be close to Mac yellow) and the gas tank resealed with marine-tex where I found a few pinhole leaks. Even found a car paint that was close to the engine shroud kart red. Cleaned up shroud where it was drilled pretty poorly around the decomp and degreased the engine. Bought some new exhaust gaskets and a new lower mount.

Maybe someone can help me with this one too. I've searched till I'm blue in the face, maybe its not just here or I haven't hit the sweet word spot for the search. There's this tiny bosch spark plug in there, mechanic friend of mine that was into old saws says he doubts that's the correct plug. A MC101b Kart Motor part list I found on here just states the part number and that it's a 14mm plug with .472 reach. Based on this reach that bosch plug is incorrect. I was hoping someone that knows about these old MCs to shed some more knowledge on me about the correct plug these little monsters take.

Sorry for the long winded first post, even more sorry it's taken me to long to post. Gotta love working 70+ hrs a week haha :cry:

Welcome. Heck of a first post... Ported 372 and a kart Mac... Man after my own heart.

Latest posts

Back