• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 12mm Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After much deliberation, I have decided to cut some saws loose to fund building a new back deck on our house. This is 1 of 3 to get the ball rolling. I will see how Im doing (emotionally :ices_rofl:) once I move these. Others may or may not become avail.

Up for sale 1st: Stihl 044 12mm saw. Non Decomp/ Straight Fin Cylinder. 100% OEM . The muffler has been modded and has a modded factory dual port muffler cover. The timing has also been advanced. Still has the factory base gasket.

I bought this saw last Sept and have ran it 2-3 times. I honestly dont think it needs porting (it's my only stock saw). It runs really strong. Last time I ran it was in Jan. Today it popped on the 3rd and ran on the 4th.

Sold as pho with "like new" stock filter and new hd2 in the box. $600 shipped insured. Paypal as a Gift Only. Start a Conv if interested.

Stihl 044 1.jpg Stihl 044 2.jpg Stihl 044 3.jpg Stihl 044 4.jpg

for what it lacks in looks- it makes up under the hood. It's a solid saw with alot of attitude.

Been watchin this too long. If JJ built it and says its a good one I will take it for that price. . . unless someone else REALLY wants it :) . . PM SENT

Andy- I'm pretty sure that's the one I built and traded to Wiggz. It has a minty OEM top end and new Caber F-cast rings. It has new bearings and seals as well. I put an early 046 Magnum carb on it.

That is a very good saw. I can attest to that without reservation.

Well, obviously...

Andy, sent pics of packing process. Hope you like tape bc there is a whole roll of it wrapped around that package. Maybe should open it outside and not on the dinner table- theres a whole lot of packing nuts in there as well....... (spare the Mrs)

Latest posts

Back