'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL....You should give him Sawtrolls number. When he finds out its overweight and underpowered, he will bring it back to you.
Right? Its like that CS600P with a 27" bar hasnt been told it can't rip through Oak and Doug Fir for its entire life, same air filter, same tuning, all bone stock. In the Echo's life span he has gone through a 266, 346, 353 etc etc... it does well.

I had the chance to put my 620P to a pretty fair test this weekend. The pic below is 40 yr old blueberry juniper. In some cases it is so thick it will not fall when cut and a tractor is required to pull the entangled limbs out and into a pile. Nothing will grow underneath the canopy. Some of the bases are 36". That 620P was started and stopped over 100 times yesterday. It always started warm on 1 pull. Cold on 3 pulls. 7 tanks of fuel thru that saw and the air filter needed brushing off at the end of the day. It was run on its side cutting stumps. In my opinion, it is some of the worst conditions there is for a saw. I don't give a rats rear what is on a spec sheet or someones opinion that hasn't picked one up and run it. That saw (stock) pulled a 20" bar buried through cedar stumps fine. I probably felt that extra "pound" on my knees cutting stumps, but it did more than I expected, and that's really all that matters.View attachment 424015

The only thing missing was Saw Troll there to help you (running the Echo, of course :chainsaw:).

SawTroll has left the building...:cold:

Per the software he was reading another thread a few minutes ago. I like Niko, even named our yellow lab after him (sort of, it wasn't the only reason, but it was one of the reasons).

A pawn shop near me has a CS-590 on the "sale" rack for $160.00 or $180.00, I'd need to check the price again.

Tractorsaw I dont know that Chris was offering it for me (but if he was that was very kind)... if you talk to him its all yours, I would rather see you grab on and enjoy it the myself....

BigBlock you ever figure out/talk to that guy that siad you timing was off? Any other thoughts (anyone) on this... all he did was drop the base gasket, I couldnt see it chainging things THAT much...

I did some more research and got some advice from rmh3481 it's not off. Adding some advance by cutting the woodriff key in half or just upgrading to a 620 unlimited coil would make it take full advantage of the mods well that and a 620 carb.

I did some more research and got some advice from rmh3481 it's not off. Adding some advance by cutting the woodriff key in half or just upgrading to a 620 unlimited coil would make it take full advantage of the mods well that and a 620 carb.

Part #: A411001430 looks like the CS590 and 620 use the same ignition according to the specs..

But they use the same intake bellow so you may be able to bolt a 316 right up to yours...

Huh? Wonder why they limit the 600 coils?

Ya weird right I just looked them up and the 600p is a totally different part number

Maybe the 600 was an actual Echo saw, pre-Shindaiwa? There are some threads here that discuss which 'newer' Echo models are Echo designs and which are Shindaiwa.

EDIT--IIRC the 600 is an Echo saw, not a rebadged Shinsdaiwa.

I have been looking for one to test drive, Chris if BGE passes on the pawn saw, pm me please.

I was actually just mentioning it in passing because the price seemed pretty good at less 50% of the normal 'street' price. , but I'll take a closer look for you. I do recall that it had definately been used, it's not a shelf queen.

Latest posts

Back