'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good idea on the muffler mod... I hogged that hole down pipe out... The mufflers are so easy to take apart its like they want you to mess with em lol

Thanks. Ya I wonder if they really did do it on purpose same with the limiter caps. It's so easy to work on. Just makes me like it even more.

Yeap thats the problem.you will start getting an irritating intermittent surge while cutting at wot.I thought it was hitting the rev limit but its just the saws way of breaking in........I think.
It was getting aggravating and I would retune.it would then come back.after tank 8 the problem was gone.im sure it was just going from tight to loose in the bearings.

WAIT a minute.those saws are tight as hell when new.wonder if hp figures are figured pre break in? Wonder just how much they gain afterwards?
Wouldnt it be a hoot to find out husky and stihl figure post break in and echo figures pre break in?
I just wonder how much hp is lost from friction before break in?
Hmm?hey troll? Can you debate hp loss on bearing interference between different bearing manufacturers.steel cage vs plastic cage etc.etc.etc. ring tightness, friction to hp loss?
Sorry guys i'm drinkin genius tonight.:laugh:20150514_212042.jpg

I think it sounds good but is 4 stroking hard I can see both sides... as it breaks in you can safely run leaner so I'd say you may be able to lean it out a hair and be fine... worth a shot!!!

Hey BB I was wrong the 590, 600 and 620 all have different ignition pats #'s.... the 620 is the least expensive... I would get that and se what difference it makes before you get the carb.

Carbs have different venturi sizes. Iirc 620 is 17.5mm compared to something like 16mm for the 590. Double check me but if my memory is correct I would bet more gains come from the carb than the different timing curves of the coils.

Hey thanks guys I really mean it. I'm going to buy the carb and port it as soon as I buy a 620pw. That will most definitely be my next saw. I think I will try a quiter MM on the 620 muffler and swap it to the 590. I think the 620 will be a hairy edge work saw. :chainsaw:

I have opened the mufflers up on several of these 590's and 600's.
The first one I did was the same way you did yours. To be honest it had the most obnoxious exhaust tone I think I have ever heard out of a saw. Like I said earlier a "poppy" idle and extremely "raspy" at WOT, to the point it was hard to tell if it would 4 stroke with light pressure in the cut.
I feel they are so loud opening the muffler up this way is because the exhaust comes out of the cylinder and its more or less a straight shoot up and out through the deflector.
So now this is how I open them up and they sound really good IMO.
Its a lot more work but 100% worth it.

(Sorry guys, I couldn't edit this post with pictures)

Back