'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a 1/2" hole in mine Just behind the original outlet.Haven't touched the tube.Been looking for spare parts to hit Ebay so i could find a Spare Muffler before I go all out on the muffler mod but it looks like it's going to be a pretty good while before used parts start hitting ebay.
The Exhaust note on these don't bother me at all.it sure is different kind of like the Old Mccullochs had their own tone.

Been wondering how the 620 would do with an 8 pin and 20 bar... :)

Ah the smell of Oak :) glad its doing well. What oil you running with it? Finally got some red armor and it smells pretty good, kinda like Castor 927

Ah the smell of Oak :) glad its doing well. What oil you running with it? Finally got some red armor and it smells pretty good, kinda like Castor 927

Stihl Ultra (50:1) but just got 2 qts of Amsoil Saber I want to try soon. OMG....dont start an oil thread! Glad to hear good things about the Red Armor.

What would/could be the outcome? I'm not tracking with the > 50:1 oil stuff

75:1 is a pretty lean gas to oil mix. I run the risk of scoring the piston if the saw is not tuned right. There are people that have run Amsoil at 100:1 for years. Many here say it's an unnecessary risk for little or no return and saws are adequately lubricated and smokeless at 50:1. When I was a kid, my grandfather mixed at 16:1 and there was oil dribbling out the muffler and mosquitos went to the next county. We made the transition to 32:1 and it was a leap of faith and then 50:1 with semi-synthetics came along. I don't think it is a "far stretch" to run 75:1 with full synthetic. What prompted me ? I mixed a gallon last week with the Stihl Ultra small bottle of 2.6 ounces to make a 50:1 mix. The gas didnt look right, so I opened another bottle and emptied it into a graduated flask....less than 1 ounce of oil. I took the remainder of the six-pack to the Stihl dealer and asked him to open one and measure the oil. That one had less than an ounce as well. If I would have run that gas...I think I would have smoked a CS600P. To the credit of the dealer,he gave me another six pack of oil and a free rim sprocket. Thats when I decided to measure my own oil.
I want to go on record as stating you guys took a perfectly good thread on a fine saw and ruined it w/ oil.:sucks:

Ok then back to Echos lol I have a serious issue lol just picked up 620PW... this one with a 20" bar for a SMOKIN deal... lets just say too my door with a pack of Red Armor oil for less then $640... So I have an Echo 24" "P" bar for sale if anyone is looking... would trade for a 20" "P" bar or sell outright... also parting with a 141, ported 340, and a nice runnin' 266SE :)

Ok then back to Echos lol I have a serious issue lol just picked up 620PW... this one with a 20" bar for a SMOKIN deal... lets just say too my door with a pack of Red Armor oil for less then $640... So I have an Echo 24" "P" bar for sale if anyone is looking... would trade for a 20" "P" bar or sell outright... also parting with a 141, ported 340, and a nice runnin' 266SE :)

Glad you got your 620...congrats!

Hope that didnt come off in an ass hole way to jug heads comment a lot of saws are leaving for this old girl lol

Good deal Reed.

Back