15 year old Standing Dead Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here we call those "slippery elms" I guess because of the bark slipping off them? They are a hotspot for mushroom hunting:)

and mushroom time is just around the bend.

and "slippery elm" has a lot of herbal/medicinal uses.

my elms are full of water- no matter how long (standing) dead, saw easy, split like concrete, and burn okay.

and yeah, barkless wood is the best for stacking indoors.

Dead elm is my favorite wood to cut and burn!

By the way I have a chip/programmer for that Teryx. If your interested hit me up? Got rid of my Teryx and kept some of the goodies!

and mushroom time is just around the bend.
Yahooheeee.... I can't get enough of those Morels, and yes you are right, the big white morels love to grow near them...I try to cut them (elms) up in the woods then....2...3 years after that the Morels magically appear where you've cut the elm!

By the way I have a chip/programmer for that Teryx.
Thankxx for the offer...but I've already got all the goodies this thing can handle....I have the 840 FST Big Block kit...and it hauls.....I eat up them there RZRS....

Nice score! Tell me about your tow vehicle...
Shari
Tow vehicle is a 2008 Kawasaki Teryx, that has been heavily modified, but still remains stock looking. The thing is awesome.

I know these are some crappy pics, it was around 5pm when I took them, but the elm is now all split, this one tree made quite a nice little mess of wood. The pile is 24 feet long, 6 feet wide and about 4 feet tall (of course it is pyramid shape), I am going to guess a little over a cord, maybe cord n' half...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thankxx for the offer...but I've already got all the goodies this thing can handle....I have the 840 FST Big Block kit...and it hauls.....I eat up them there RZRS....

If i'd had that i would still own mine! LOL

Back