$159 dollar efco,looks to be a good saw for the money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWDIII

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
League City, TX/East Texas, Rayburn Country
Needed a new small saw, ran over my old Homelite with my tractor, bounced it out of the bucket. Couldn’t compline, had it 10 years and bought it on eBay refurbished for 59 dollars. Seems to be good saw for the money. I needed small sar.

Found a 16 inch bar efco for 159 bucks on eBay with free shipping. I think it’s a 35 cc saw. Reviews for efco says they start easy and have a gear driven oil pump and do not leak bar oil as bad as some.

I pulled it out of the box, gassed it up and it fired right up. I don’t care it it’s the strongest running saw, just want to make sure it starts when i needed it.

Seems to fit the bill for what I needed, small saw small for trees and branches. I have a 20 inch bar Echo and a 24 inch bar 291 Stihl.

Never owed an efco but looks to be a good saw. Price was right.

I have a couple little Efco's in my lineup of work saws. Would not be there if i didn't like them. Handle nice and very fuel efficient. Don't recollect ever having a significant problem with them. 3700 and mt4000 if i remember right. Had them in 50 and 60cc for a while also, no complaints. Had a John Deere Efco 80 cc that did me very well also.

MT 3751

https://www.efcopower.com/products/chainsaws

EFMT3710_dx.jpg

I think the model I bought was MTH4000, 40 cc saw. I like Stihl and Echo, have both but bought the efco. I also have a near new bar and couple of 16 inch Cain’s that fit the efco, left over from my old homelite I ran over with the tractor.

I sure like the chain adjustment screw on the side, easy to adjust.

I plan to be more careful and not run over this saw.

No dealer for efco near by but no more than I paid for doesn’t matter. I work on my own stuff for the most part anyway.

Curiously enough the DOC states that it's made in Italy. MTH 400/4000

View attachment 783670
Looks like a newer version of 1 of mine. I blocked up about a 14in pin oak in 16inch lengths with it about a month ago. About 1/3 cord on 1 smallish tank of fuel.
Mine has a 14in bar and my back felt great all through the work bucking it up on the ground. If i did the same work with my Echo cs400 or a small Husqvarna with a short bar i am pretty sure my back would of been acheing in little more then 3 minutes. Configuration of the saw and bar just seems to fit my body physics and work style as does my smaller stihls.
My Efco mt4000 is cold blooded but if you warm it up on half choke before trying to cut all out thats no problem. It actually has the start and warm up proccedure printed out near the switch. I run 28 to 1 in most my saws but i couldn't seem to get this 1 adjusted rich enough fuel to air screw so i tried 50 to 1 and that solved that.

When I had my quad I clamped a bar cover to the rack so the saw is held tight. I used a 9” bar 2.0 eager beaver for clearing trails.

Back