16"/18" bar on MS362?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a couple passes on a cherry log I had propped up for blocking off. I'm more than satisfied with the difference in cut. I know, I know, 2 cuts doesn't make a standard, and that was a brand new chain. I'll get some serious saw time this weekend and report back.

Busy week, almost forgot about an update.

I got some help on Sunday and was able to process 4 cord of firewood. The MS362 with 16" bar is a log chewing monster, no doubt. I ran side by side with my father in law who has the same saw with 20" bar. Cut for cut, the 16" bar out-cut the 20" in bucking operations. We both had good chains, saws are only a couple months different in age and get used about the same for firewood. I am more than happy with the performance, and out of my stack of logs, I only had 2 passes during the day that I had to cut from both sides because the bar wasn't long enough. Works for me.

I'll be keeping the 20" bar and chains in the saw box for when they're needed, but I don't see myself using then very often. I'll probably swap the 20" on when I go to felling trees again, but I've still got 5 cord of logs to process, so that won't be until February or so.

Hope this helps someone.

Latest posts

Back