16strand 11.5mm line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love2climb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking at the all gear neopro, does anyone have exp with this line. I climb dry and am looking for a line with more durability.

Not that specific rope but I used to climb on the 1/2inch neolite, not a bad rope, seemed to hold up, works really nice through a leather friction saver. I've upgraded ropes, but I keep a couple hanks of the neolite for second climb line if needed.

For the most part.

Neopro is a supple rope. Gets "fuzzy" fast, which isnt a bad thing. I have a long e2e lanyard (hitch/pinto) made of neopro, 30' maybe? Anyways, only used it as a short climb line, but it works a treat. No complaints.

Edit: i would suggest a friction saver though, fwiw.

Just got the uSaver....thing is sweet. Thanks for your input I got a 200' neopro. BTW rocknrescue.com is done selling kask helmets, so they are selling them for a hundred bucks I just got one in the mail today and I got online and ordered another one. Two regular plasma's left in white.

I've upgraded ropes, but I keep a couple hanks of the neolite for second climb line if needed.
3ce6.jpg

I got the sumac line which is the ivy in a different color, but it didn't hold up to the rough bark on the mesquites out here in Arizona. I looked at the lava line as well but I heard 16 strand is a little more durable

So, are you not using the Usaver, and opting for natural crotching? Or are you referring to just rubbing line throughout your climb?

Just got the uSaver, so it wore out from a little natural crotch and also every time it bumbs into my saw it picks it badly

Your chainsaw? Try an accessory biner clipped into your saddle on the opposite hip to where you hang the saw. Run the tail of your line thru it.

Thorns tearing it up as well...we have Argentine mesquite here in Phoenix...they have 3" thorns thick as nails. I'll definitely try pulling my rope aside with a clip on the left

Hahaha. Not near debonaire enough for a dome piece like that.

It was a link i had saved from a while ago. Im a nerd.

Thorns tearing it up as well...we have Argentine mesquite here in Phoenix...they have 3" thorns thick as nails. I'll definitely try pulling my rope aside with a clip on the left

Though Ive got no solution to the thorn problem, haha, Running your tail through a 'biner will keep your gaffs out of your line, too.

Which saves a pain in the ass splicing process if youre looking to use 16 strand.
In that video, they seem to weather the abuse in a way that i find preferable to the 24's. Granted.. It is with toothed ascenders.

Latest posts

Back