190T????? Good Back up saw or no????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Canuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a new top handle and I'm a little low on cash right now so I was thinking about getting a Stihl 190T, using it untill I can affor something a little better and then keeping it as a back up saw. Any opinions on this saw? I'd really like to get my hands on a 200T but its twice as much kingo so it might have to wait a few weeks.

Or, at half the price should I just buy the 190T and run it into the ground and then buy another. I don't know a whole lot about Stihl, I've never owned one, always been Huskys.

I chose the 019T-the precursor of the 191 as my primary climbing saw. It weighs more than a MS200 but I like the handle configuration better. The New MS192 has less didplacement but is the lightest tophandle out there -you might want to check it out.

Well, I went with the MS192. Picked up today but haven't had a chance to use it. Over all I'm very impressed with the size and feel of the saw. The real test is tommorow though.......

I bought a 192 2 months ago and have been happy with it. I doubt it will man up to the 200 in the long run, though. Hands down the best small saw I've ever owned is a REAR-HANDLE 200t. My dealer demo-ed me one free for a year and that baby is the shiznit 50 ft up or on flat ground. I mean it is a tough saw. But it better be for $509. Good stuff ain't cheap.

Back