1957 IEL Pioneer RA 100cc project/restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I dunno. But RE: the smaller size of the other clutch I had, we pulled it straight off of a 600-series saw, so I know that's what it came from. The saw was mostly like my RA, but had the new Pioneer "tree" logo on the top cover, which was green, and had the "squared" rear handle, that was not round like my RA. It also had a different air filtration system altogether. The clutch would fit on the shaft, but I never bothered due to its smaller size. Maybe that extra clearance would have helped the problem though. I just can't imagine that the clutch on mine has seen enough use to be worn out - it looks like brand new in all regards.

I'll get it figured eventually!

That clutch would not have been a stock 600 clutch but probably from a later model, I will check the newer saws to see what they were running for clutches. All the pioneer 600, 600A, 610, 620, 620 Super and 650 ran the same size clutch as the RA. I have serviced and repaired + run these saws since 1962 and they have not run a smaller clutch stock from the factory.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back