1979 Husky 61 Rancher. Am I able to get parts for a rebuild? Can I build it larger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesman302

Reaction score
I purchased a new Husqvarna 61 Rancher in 1979. It has served me well. It is time for a rebuild, as it has died on me.
I have read that people have made them a larger more powerful saw after their rebuild, but the posts are older.
Can I get the parts for this saw today?(2017) If so where do I look for them. I have rebuilt automobile engines, so I would like to rebuild this saw, and find out if I need any special tools to complete the rebuild.
Thanks in advance.

Parts are available and you can also put a bigger top end on that chassis. I've rebuilt two but not put the larger p/c on one. Easy to work on. Some specialty tools are needed, but they're not cost prohibitive.

Where in Ohio? I'm north central. Be happy to assist if we're in the same neighborhood.

And welcome to the forum. Tons of good folks and info here if you can make your way through the noise.

Back