1st chainsaw purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
belonging to Chris = Chris' (omit the s after an s)

Hate to pick a nit here, Glen, but it's "Chris's. The rule to omit the s after an s only applies in plural possessive form.

Hey Newfie,
Watch what you say about Pittsburgh, or I will resort to what the Steelers did to the Patriots for you personally. Did you every see our three rivers, up close?

Chucky, I know enough to get by, but English has never been my strong point.  It's a tough language...

Originally posted by Mike Maas
And to further confuse the matter, it's not Glen, it's Glens.
And to further pick the nit, beginning a sentence with a coordinating conjunction is generally considered poor form.

Originally posted by Mike Maas
And to further confuse the matter, it's not Glen, it's Glens.
Carrying that nit further, it's not Glens, but glens.  If'n y'ant to capitalize the G ya gots to do the S, as GlenS, since names start with the big letters.

Hey Butch, what kind of show are you guys running down there, anyway?  I just saw today where some of your neighbors beat the crap out of Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda, and killed Jack Nicholson, while they were sleeping; just for being different...

If you haven't seen the "making of" documentary on the Easy Riders DVD you'd get a kick out of it, I'm sure.

Glen

english

you know i have learnt more about how bad my englsih (than my tree work) is and how i really dont pay attention to my grammatical errors.

maybe i should be back off to school to improve my language..

either that or just learn gaelic and be done with it.

jamie

Though, i don't use Its as the possessive, it is how i was taught as a convention to maintain It's as a contraction seperately.

i guess Hollow Weenie (oops, i kinda accidentally say that to the Ladies, get lots of mileage out of it!:eek: ) is over:( ; but we have a winner!
attachment.php

(Florida Snowman)

Last edited:
Originally posted by glens
Hey Butch, what kind of show are you guys running down there, anyway?  I just saw today where some of your neighbors beat the crap out of Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda, and killed Jack Nicholson, while they were sleeping; just for being different...

So you didn't watch the rest of Easy Rider? Rednecks killed the other two in the end.

I was so mad after seeing that show, I went afterwards to the local hangout (for me at 15, that was the local bowling alley) and dared any rednecks there to give me some ****. :angry:

Yeah, but I couldn't figure out where they were supposed to be.  They'd talked about retiring in Florida with all their money...

If things are to be believed, their funny little cigarettes on film weren't tobacco and weren't just props.

But back to the English lesson...

A couple of things that really get my goat are when people say stuff like "all cars aren't built alike" instead of "not all cars are built alike".&nbsp; The second way is what's usually intended while the first rules out the possibility that any two actually <i>are</i> built alike.

"not all are" = "some are"
"all are not" = "none are"

The other thing that can make a person sound ignorant is the wrong misuse of "I" for "me".

Butch and I post on arboristsite.com
Butch posts on arboristsite.com with me
come post on arboristsite.com with Butch and me

not

Butch and me post on arboristsite.com
Butch posts on arboristsite.com with I
come post on arboristsite.com with Butch and I

That last one is what one usually hears when a person is trying to be proper but instead comes across as a hick.

I understand the rule to be:&nbsp; drop the other person from the sentence and use I or me as you normally would (should).&nbsp; Then put them back in.

Glen

Originally posted by Husky288XP
Hey Newfie,
Watch what you say about Pittsburgh, or I will resort to what the Steelers did to the Patriots for you personally. Did you every see our three rivers, up close?

Guess you missed the point I was trying to make. Your little bro made a statement about all Stihl dealers based on your experience with one Stihl dealer. Using his logic, I could safely assume that all people from Pittsburgh are idiots since little bro seems adept at coming across as one himself. Of course both statements are false and ludicrous.

Get it?:D

So are you gonna beat me in a football game now?:p

Originally posted by glens

But back to the English lesson...

You should listen to some Hawaiian Pidgin.

But getting back to the topic of 1st saw purchase,

"I wen buy one Poulan but the bugga was junk. Now I stay use Stihl."

Well my friend,
You forgot about the three rivers comment, and the threat or promise may still exist. :p

Also this little confrontation with stihl was at the ISA convention with a Stihl rep. Sorry to say this experience put a bad taste in my mouth and I will never patronize Stihl again. That Stihl rep. was fortunate that I was able to hold back my true intent, which was to kick his ass up and down the aisles of the convention center.

Originally posted by Husky288XP
Also this little confrontation with stihl was at the ISA convention with a Stihl rep. Sorry to say this experience put a bad taste in my mouth and I will never patronize Stihl again. That Stihl rep. was fortunate that I was able to hold back my true intent, which was to kick his ass up and down the aisles of the convention center.

This statement is 100% true. I was there, the Stihl rep was totally out of line and was an idiot!!!

Originally posted by RAHTREELIMBS
This statement is 100% true. I was there, the Stihl rep was totally out of line and was an idiot!!!
There's got to be more to this than just a question about a blowers idle. Would someone elaborate please.:confused:

Originally posted by RAHTREELIMBS

I NEVER doubted that this particular Stihl representative was an idiot.

My point was that just because ONE Stihl representative is an idiot, that doesn't make them all idiots, which is what huskycandoit said.

Are you guys in Pittburgh illiterate also?;) :D

Latest posts

Back