1st time rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve burrows

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a jonsered 2150 with a scored bore. Ive got all the parts to put back together but I was just wondering if there was anything I need to do or watch out for while rebuilding. This is the first one I have tackled and I'm going in blind, so any advice will be greatly appreciated

I've just bought a jonsered 2150 with a scored bore. Ive got all the parts to put back together but I was just wondering if there was anything I need to do or watch out for while rebuilding. This is the first one I have tackled and I'm going in blind, so any advice will be greatly appreciated
Lubricate everything with a little bit of premix oil. Otherwise it'll be completely dry when you first start it up.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Make sure you reseal the lower adapter that holds the crank in. They get loose and leak. Might as well do it the first time. Do a search if in doubt about what sealer to use. Plane old silicone is not suggested.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Motoseal three bond are some words to search on this site

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Permatex 81878 Gasket Sealer; Ultra Copper
  • Resists Aging, Weathering And Thermal Cycling Without Hardening, Shrinking Or Cracking
  • Designed For The Higher Temperature Environments Encountered In 4 Cylinder, Turbocharged, And High Performance Engines
  • Most Advanced High Performance, High Temperature Up To 700 Degree Fahrenheit Intermittent. You can buy it from eBay.

Would it be worth changing the crank shaft bearings while the saw is apart? I've bought the saw as a non runner so they are a complete unknown

Probably not unless you are already disassembling the saw that far. There is no need to split the case to do the top end rebuild.

Just like to thank everyone for taking time to share your advice and help, I got the saw to run this afternoon, and it was very satisfying to say the least. Just got to find some wood to try her out with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back