2 Stroke Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask your self this. What propertys of a synthetic oil do not lend themselves to breaking a engine in?
I would not be surprised if the rings and cylinder honing were to finer tolerances on those cars.
If the cylinders where indeed honed to a finer surface finish break in would take longer and be harder to achieve. You would think if the optimized the cylinder finish for break in with synthetic oil it would be coarser.
Of coarse this is all moot as it fine to break in a engine on synthetic. The main thing is to not baby the engine during break in, regardless of what oil you use.

Thank you for those of you who backed me on this topic. For those who lost sleep over seeing another "Oil" post, I apologize. I admit, I did not use the search feature and should have so I will take one on the chin for that. I know that "most" auto manufacturers what you to run dino oil for the first 20,000 to 30,000 miles before switching to synthetic for break in reasons. Of course the Corvette and Viper come direct with Mobil 1 so who knows! I am not comparing a chainsaw to a vehicle. I was curious! I learned 2 things: synthetic can be used and very well may be the best for my $400 saw and that the 50:1 ratio does not always apply because obviously of 32:1 is fine with many of you. Education is what this forum is based on and the best teachers are those with experience. Thanks guys! :)

i run klotz in everything from my drag snowmobile to my weedwacker to my chainsaw, works great in all weather, low smoke, clean burning and best of all that wonderfull klotz odor. my nieghbors always ask if i`m running race gas in my equipment!:blob2:

sea and snow

It's says on the Citgo Sea and Snow bottle it can be used for premix or injection type situations. Also says it can be used in chainsaws, weedeaters, etc. So I think it will be alright to use in my chainsaws; otherwise it wouldn't say on the bottle that it was alright to use it in chainsaws? Am I right or am I wrong! If it is more dilutant, that's kind of a good thing for here in Wisconsin where it's cold right now. Other 2 cycle oil I've mixed takes a lot of shaking in order for it to mix up good with the fuel. Let me know what you think, and thanks. And to all a Happy Holidays!

It will not hurt anything in your saw. You may get a bit of oily residue in the exhaust however as it has a high dilluant content being that it is made for injector use.Extra dilluant added to a oil is of no use in cold weather when used as a premix.
Citgo air cooled is a better choice and I believe is actually cheaper. Aircooled is also almost Identical to echo's premium oil.

Ok, I'll buy the air cooled citgo from now on! But now I have to use up this gallon of sea and snow, since I didn't keep the receipt, or pawn it off on somebody with a snowmobile or something with a premix application! Thanks again!

27 posts into this thread and we hav'nt even started debating dye color yet? My god what's happened to us?

/voting +1 for red

Whatsnext; I am red/green deficient so greatly prefer the blue colour of Esso Easy Mix and Ben says it is good stuff.

Esay mix is indeed good stuff Frank. I have went through a case of it this year alone, but I am all out now so its back to Mobil Racing 2T.
BTW they upgraded Easy mix's formulations last year and changed the dye from the bright blue to green. I like the bright blue better as it look pretty cool.

I would like blue dye I think that would be a cool color. I wish their was some place to get dye from locally. I have 2 cases of mx2t and no dye.

While I know I did initially voted for red dye over the summer I mixed some Yamalube 2(purple dye) with some Airsyn synthetic(green dye) and made some brown dyed fuel. VERY suave.
John...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back