2 trees 7" diameter 50 ft tall...how much?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont forget your liability insurance and workers comp!!! The costs of a misfelled limb or a whole tree for that matter can bring an abrupt end to your business. I know that getting started you will want to shy away from considerable expenses like this but as you become more established in your business dont forget them. Also, while I AM RANTING take the time to teach your workers safe chainsaw use. This is a great site for advice ( and entertainment ) crack some books, find a mentor, and stay safe. Wish you the best in your new venture.

not sure about this statement here reach.

he might not do the bidding but my foreman makes things happen in a tree that clearly indicates he came out the womb with a saddle on.

fell'n to ornamental he is goood at it all.

i'd never tell him that though. lol

oldirty

Somebody had to teach your foreman too. Although admittedly, some people take to tree work so quickly and easily ,
we say they're a natural or they came out the womb with a tree saddle on.

Old Dirty , You better treat that foreman like gold, they aren't too many of those guys !
A good groundsman will make a climber better, and a great groundsman will make a climber a boatload of money !

Old Dirty , You better treat that foreman like gold, they aren't too many of those guys !
A good groundsman will make a climber better, and a great groundsman will make a climber a boatload of money !

actually man. its oldirty. you got one too many d's in the name.

and he should be the one treating me like gold seeing how his saddle time has been drastically cut down. i think it had something to do with my arrival.
there are not many like me!

lol

although when he does climb he has me run the rope if something needs a rig'n. so i am thinking he has respect for what i can do.

although its a nice feather in the cap, the foremans respect, the only thing that matters to me is the guy who is signing the checks knows what the scoop is. lol

i do like what i do and it shows. you gotta have the right 'tude.

oldirty

The topic

Why are the trees getting limbed up 25-30'? You could be :( raising Cain with those trees.

Why are the trees getting limbed up 25-30'? You could be :( raising Cain with those trees.

C'mon Seer he got PAID to do that, and that is what the homeowner wanted. Do you really believe there is any other reason to cut on a tree? Besides the tree doesn't need all those silly branches anyway. And now in a few more years he can go back and sell the removal job and wonder why the trees died. :dizzy:
We need a smiley for hack work.

C'mon Seer he got PAID to do that, and that is what the homeowner wanted. Do you really believe there is any other reason to cut on a tree? Besides the tree doesn't need all those silly branches anyway. And now in a few more years he can go back and sell the removal job and wonder why the trees died. :dizzy:
We need a smiley for hack work.

Haha...and i think topping is cool idea too.

i like to top and then treat my cuts with "some herbicide" to make sure the tree doesnt sprout from the cut again.:monkey:

Look, we need to make note here that books tell you crap. They give you great information about the proper cut technique, physiology, and biology of trees. They can even show you how to prevent a barber chair from taking your head off.

Until you work with someone to learn how these great techniques work and which trees need what type of pruning the possibility of death and injury is too great to just buy a bunch of equipment and start felling/pruning trees.

We have few people in this industry for a reason. We have to train for a long time before we can just go out and start working on our own.

I picked up climbing in a few days, I learned technique and biology in a few months. I have now been doing this work for a few years and just started bidding and doing work on my own. It is only with the help, and advise from my mentors that allowed me to do this.

We all hate when we are outbid, show up to price an old hack job, so ADVISE is all we can give you. Unless you are serious about training, training, training, do not start felling trees on your own. I get that this job worked out for you but that will not be the case every time you start up a tree.

Hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, workers comp (for tree work), liability insurance (1 million, 3 million), certs, classes, proper equipment, ie ropes, saddle, chain saws, pole saws, chipper, etc are just scratching the surface on where to start putting money.

My first climbing rig + chain saw 338 Cali set me back $1,500.00 just a simple setup.

Your best option for OJT is to sub out the tree work on your jobs and watch what they do. Ask some questions, etc. That way you dont have to work for someone else, they will work for you. Then at the end of the day when the trained climber is done, give him some extra money to sit and talk to you about what is involved in safe, proper pruning/removals.

Good luck to you and again train first then make the big money in the industry. You'll find that this work is a lot harder than it looks at the beginning but after a few years you can climb like this guy...:monkey:

Look, we need to make note here that books tell you crap. They give you great information about the proper cut technique, physiology, and biology of trees. They can even show you how to prevent a barber chair from taking your head off.

Until you work with someone to learn how these great techniques work and which trees need what type of pruning the possibility of death and injury is too great to just buy a bunch of equipment and start felling/pruning trees.

We have few people in this industry for a reason. We have to train for a long time before we can just go out and start working on our own.

I picked up climbing in a few days, I learned technique and biology in a few months. I have now been doing this work for a few years and just started bidding and doing work on my own. It is only with the help, and advise from my mentors that allowed me to do this.

We all hate when we are outbid, show up to price an old hack job, so ADVISE is all we can give you. Unless you are serious about training, training, training, do not start felling trees on your own. I get that this job worked out for you but that will not be the case every time you start up a tree.

Hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, workers comp (for tree work), liability insurance (1 million, 3 million), certs, classes, proper equipment, ie ropes, saddle, chain saws, pole saws, chipper, etc are just scratching the surface on where to start putting money.

My first climbing rig + chain saw 338 Cali set me back $1,500.00 just a simple setup.

Your best option for OJT is to sub out the tree work on your jobs and watch what they do. Ask some questions, etc. That way you dont have to work for someone else, they will work for you. Then at the end of the day when the trained climber is done, give him some extra money to sit and talk to you about what is involved in safe, proper pruning/removals.

Good luck to you and again train first then make the big money in the industry. You'll find that this work is a lot harder than it looks at the beginning but after a few years you can climb like this guy...:monkey:

yup

Back