2-way splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddogrunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was checking these our at Northern Tool. Can't decide between a centrifigal, 2-way or just a good vert/horizontal hydro splitter. Currently renting hydro units but am very curious about the centrifigal and 2-ways. I know this may have ben hashed and rehashed a dozen different times, but I could not find that much info here about the 2 way splitters.

Read this thread I put up a couple years ago: http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/190097.htm The GNE is the same machine as the NT model, only with a GC Honda instead of the Chonda on the NT machine.

The machine in my thread is still working fine after a bunch of use. My buddy that bought that one sells wood in the winter when construction is slow, and it's been worked hard at a half dozen or so more of those charity cuts. It's holding up well.

It's not as fast as a flywheel splitter, and it works best in 20" and under diameter rounds. If you have lots of big stuff, that would be a reason to stick with a regular hydraulic, otherwise I'd recommend it.

I was checking these our at Northern Tool. Can't decide between a centrifigal, 2-way or just a good vert/horizontal hydro splitter. Currently renting hydro units but am very curious about the centrifigal and 2-ways. I know this may have ben hashed and rehashed a dozen different times, but I could not find that much info here about the 2 way splitters.

I have had my Powerhorse Splitter going on 4 years now and not one lick of trouble. Much faster then my old one way splitter. If you split a lot of really large wood 24inches and over it is not the splitter for you. It is not what it won`t split but the narrow wedge will not open up cleanly on stringy and knotty wood. What happens is have to roll the piece on the splitter and run the wedge thru again. For MY USE I would never go back to the slow one way splitter ever again.

Latest posts

Back