20 bucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went to pick up some parts this morning and came home with another project. Needs a new piston and maybe a little work with some carbide burrs.

Yep

Those were my thoughts as well.

Anyone know what difference between an HDA 144 and an HD 120 carb is?

Where did you get that!

Where did you get that for $20.00?:jawdrop:

attachment.php

Local dealer,customer brought in and did'nt want to spend what it cost to fix,bought a new saw.

I paid the labor charge and it was mine

You're a thief!:)

And your point is?

I think that same thing sometimes when I see others getting a good buy.
Then most of the time I say to myself"Why in the :censored: can't I find deals like that?"

So...there wasn't any trade in on it?

Local dealer,customer brought in and did'nt want to spend what it cost to fix,bought a new saw.

I paid the labor charge and it was mine

So...there wasn't any trade in on it?

Well....it's nice to be in the right place at the right time. Were you in there when the saw was brought in? Or did the dealer know you'd be interested in it?

What did the dealer do to the saw for $20.00?

Pictures required when disassembled! Please
Dan

Last edited:
Manyhobies....

No trade in,he pulled the plug and seen scuffing,then pulled the muffler and the piston was toast,looked up new p/c price and owner decided to just buy a new one,said this one has paid for itself.
That's the story I got. It was last Saturday and tech knew I would be interested,he doesn't like the Huskys for some reason:dizzy: he keeps most all the Stihls

Last edited:
Is it locked up?

My dealer gave me a nearly new MS280 and MS210. The MS280 was the latest IEM version. It had been straight gassed. Told the customer is was cheaper to buy a new saw.

Is it locked up? Are you going to get it running? Do you know what new saw was sold to him?

Why did the dealer give you saws? You must buy a lot from him.

Sorry.....Inquiring mind(s) want to know!

Dan :chainsaw:

When you click on your attachment link it opens the picture in a new window. If you right click on that picture and "copy link location", then post a reply and hit the little button with a mountain on it and paste the image location in the box.
attachment.php

Back