20 year (ongoing) log splitter project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty nice. I like the pull out seat at the vise. I can believe that you of all people don't have a proper gun rack on it! LOL

How about some sort of "E-Z Up" style shade structure?

"What, no fridge?"
Nope, There is a place in front of the toolbox to bungee on an ice chest though:)

"Nice setup, is it towable?"

Of Course!

Actually the bed is only sticking out about 12 & 1/2" on each side from the beam.
Pictures are decieving.
The top of the beam is about 31" off the ground, so you don't have to bend over too much.
It's a lot harder on your back without the "catchers" on each side, believe me!
(pickin up split pieces off the ground)

Nice package

Dan, I like the way you pack for a day in the woods, Iam the same way, And hey might as well be effecent and comfortable, At the end of the day The old bones dont hurt as much, Theres one thing that wood improve your cycle time, shorten up the hydraulic hoses, As short as possable, AND you will increase your cycle time,.and reduse friction/heat, Nice setup looks like you have stuffed a lot of rounds threw there, E,J,

The hoses are that long in order to stand up the bar.

I was toying around with it earlier and figured out how to securely attach 6 chainsaws to it. (Hint, eye bolts and bungees)

nice set up

by the looks of your shop you tinker with a lot of stuff. do you work at home?
I know you just never have enought tools.

"How big are your BIG rounds? E,J,"

Usually not that big. I mostly saw up down trees.
Big sometimes though, as I will tackle trunks that others leave behind as too much trouble.

"by the looks of your shop you tinker with a lot of stuff. do you work at home?"

No, I don't work at home. The shop in the pictures is actually my private stall at my Autobody repair business.
And yes I do tinker with a lot of stuff. I also work on firearms (my own, mostly) and reload a lot of ammunition (again, for myself).

Big rounds

"How big are your BIG rounds? E,J,"

Usually not that big. I mostly saw up down trees.
Big sometimes though, as I will tackle trunks that others leave behind as too much trouble.

"by the looks of your shop you tinker with a lot of stuff. do you work at home?"

No, I don't work at home. The shop in the pictures is actually my private stall at my Autobody repair business.
And yes I do tinker with a lot of stuff. I also work on firearms (my own, mostly) and reload a lot of ammunition (again, for myself).

Log Lift,?..

dejew git yer name from that there movie wit gorge clooney in it oh brother where for art thou???//or do you use that hair gel dapper dan to sence nice for the ladys???:monkey:

Neither, I do Cowboy Action Shooting competions.
It is my registered alais with The Single Action Shooting Society
In fact I help run a shooting Club here in my hometown as well as run the WEBSITE for that club.

As far as being "Dapper"...well it's kinda like when they always nickname a fat guy "Slim". Kinda the opposite. :biggrinbounce2:

mmmmmmmm
short hoses to increase cycle time.....
i have to input my wee bit......
the oil in a short hose, and the oil in along hose has the exact same pressure etc.......the oil does not care if it has to go 5 feet back to tank, or 2 feet
hose length will not do anything with cycle time...............

john

Latest posts

Back