201 tcm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew W.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I work mon-fri at a tree service, we use all kinds of saws, mostly husqvarna and stihl, but the one that I would like to buy for myself is the stihl ms201t.

The problem I have is today I went down to ace hardware in garrettsville, and the only 201s they carry have the m-tronic auto tune.

My blood pressure still goes up thinking about the garbage auto tune husqvarna 540xp, out of the box they worked great started easy plenty of power, however like clockwork after 6 months or so of everyday hard use at this company, crew after crew were writing up equipment repair orders, these saws were hard starting or didn't start, ran odd and this was before it got cold out ;)

Now, the 201s that we have are early models and do not have the m-tronic system, what I would like to know is, What's pros and cons of long term use of stihls system.

Put that 540 out of your mind. The MS201TCM is a fantastic saw.
Thankyou, that's good to know, if I go tomorrow morning to buy I will post pictures.

Since first posting this, I had read your post from a while back about tuning a 201, was it an m-tronic model?

201tc is an all around better saw than a 540t. And I own a 540t.
We had probably throughout the company more that 10 or 15 t540xp saws, we are down to about 5 or 6 now, I can't think of a single person that would pick it over the 201s

Back