2010' Open House~Demo Days~Arboristsite GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to go last year but my day job got in the way. This year I definitely want to come up from Massawoodchips.

I'm definitely in. Only got one saw now, maybe I'll pry the old Homie out of my Dad's basement and get it roaring again.

You guys that were there last year, look forward to seeing you again, it was a lot of fun. Bring all your toys!

Ok, now not trying to be an @$$ about this or anything but it sure would be nice if we knew definately what the classes are and such. Like if it was to come out and be like racing starts at X time and the classes are W, X, Y, Z, and it will be X wood for this class, Y wood for this class and so on. I need to put in for the time off from work and have the children situation as well and will be unable to do so if I don't know what is going on. Again I don't mean to be rude but I(we) just all need to know.

I may go sounds fun only about an hour from my house. And any body know what a competitive time for 72 and 50 cc saw is in a 16" piece of wood.

Last edited:
The get together is getting closer.We need to hear from cuttinscott about how things are going.Its a long drive from near the Canadian boarder,but I had a good time last year. hoping to this year.:)

The ArboristSite GTG is still on track for Saturday the 1st. I have plenty of hardwood as well as pine to cut on or race in....... As far as the racing I do not have the time to concentrate on classes and rules this is a day of FUN and FRIENDS.. If you are racing PLEASE do like you did last year and bring your own timing and scoring crew I will supply the logs and the loader/forklifts. I have a OAK Butt Log that is between 45" and 36"ish for the 100cc plus club.... Be aware this is a BIG LOG and will like BIG BARS to make a clean cut. There will be a DOLMAR sponsored Chainsaw Carver here doing his thing as well. This event coincides with a HUGE craft fair at the local WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS less that a mile from here so if you better halves want to see the craft fair they are welcome. This event also is on Friday the 30th of April so for those interested in staying over there are a couple motels in the area as well as plenty of rooms in Saratoga about a 15 mile ride west on rt 29. If it is like last year parking will be tight so if you plan on setting up a warm up tent I will find a better place for you to set up than in the parking lot. It has been REAL BUSY here the last few weeks and I have a ton to do yet to get ready for the 2 day Open House/GTG.. Hope to see you here and having fun...... Be Safe

Scott

Latest posts

Back