2014 Stihl catalog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand what your saying , but in the 357 vs 361 case alot of people chose the 361 for its price and performance , and the 357 wasnt very popular and didnt sell well according to the husqvarna dealers around me hence the price , i like stihl saws but not enough to justify the prices
i guess what im getting at is stihl is gonna price themselves out of the game with alot of people

Anybody pic one up yet??? It has the ms241 and ms661 in it. Obviously no more 460 and no mention of the 660. A few new weed wackers too.

Im jones'in for one of them ms241's, but one dealer says we wont see them till the end of summer. My good Stihl dealer says it might be in his spring order.

Mine is in the mail from Germany. It comes with all the prices as well. Kinda cool

How bout this boys, i go to the Ace/Stihl dealer by my house last week to see when the 241 was coming out. We probably talk for a half hour about saws and what not. He says nobody has an exact date on the ms241 and that maybe they will be ready come spring time. I was basically trying to make a "relationship" with this salesman. I thought it went good lol.

Well I go in there today in hopes that some parts had come in that I ordered. I told him how another Stihl dealer up north says the northeast distributor has 40 saws coming and that the dealer I talked to could order me one right now. I then told him I would like to get one from him. Well he looks at me like I got 3 heads. He says "I just talked to the rep last week and they said it wouldn't be till spring". Then he keeps telling me its too soon. I was starting to get angry with the way he was reacting to me. I told him, I know what I heard and why don't you look it up or give your rep a call? He said he would look into it and I left.

The salesman there don't know jack diddly about saws, besides what he has learned since he's worked there. He's just trying to be a make believe salesman and acting like he knows his product. I always try to give him a chance just cuz he's close and I go to the store for other stuff. The normal customers that go there are rich people and the occasional tree guy.

After leaving there, all fired up, I give my other dealer a call, the one who I get all my landscaping equipment from…. he sells Stihl, Echo, Honda, Scag, Toro and Exmark. I tell him what I was told about he ms241. He kinda gives me the same answers as the other guy, buttttttt is actually looking into it and will hopefully get back to me by the end of the day. He knows that i don't mess around lolol.

The thing is, I don't want to drive 1hr and 20mins for cuz one dealer can actually order the saw. When there is nor reason why my local dealers can't do the same.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent lolol

@ KTooM: I feel your pain. I don't like for a salesman to treat me like an idiot. I made several quick, no-hassle phone calls to "bigger town" stihl dealers after I knew For Sure the ms150Tce was available. I really just wanted to see one in person (still do). They mostly all told me I was asking about vaporware.

My Go-To local dealer, who I really didn't want to bother with trivia, knew exactly what I was talking about.

Why all the exitement over a model (241) that has been out for years, and is in a class that there really is no need for?

To put it into perspective, it is about .4 lbs lighter than the 550xp, that puts out about .8 hp more! Also note that the 543xp is another .4 lbs lighter, but has the same power output as the 241 (no, I don't want that one either).

Last edited:
Why all the exitement over a model (241) that has been out for years, and is in a class that there really is no need for?

To put it into perspective, it is about .4 lbs lighter than the 550xp, that puts out about .8 hp more! Also note that the 543xp is another .4 lbs lighter, but has the same power output as the 241 (no, I don't want that one either).

Cause we can actually get it and probably not worry it will be recalled for another 6 months like the 562. Since that fiasco I've been turned away from husky. They have a few good models left but I'll probably be buying new stihls if I get new saws.

Cause we can actually get it and probably not worry it will be recalled for another 6 months like the 562. Since that fiasco I've been turned away from husky. They have a few good models left but I'll probably be buying new stihls if I get new saws.

Well, that problem is yours, and not anyone elses - but how about the recall (that actually is a recall) on the MS661? :givebeer:

**** will some times happen with new models, regardless what it is, and what brand!

well, that problem is Yours, and not anyone elses - but how about the recall (that actually is a recall) on the MS661? :givebeer:

Well one out of several isn't bad. Crappy dealers now aren't helping them either. I've tried to like husky but the way it's went the last 2 years or so has made me shy away from them.

Well one out of several isn't bad. Crappy dealers now aren't helping them either. I've tried to like husky but the way it's went the last 2 years or so has made me shy away from them.

Well, it actually went really well the last couple of years, and most years before that - so your issue is really hard to see.

Now there are things that I dislike in the Husky line-up, but that has nothing to do with the 50 or 60cc pro saws.

Well, it actually went really well the last couple of years, and most years before that - so your issue is really hard to see.

Now there are things that I dislike in the Husky line-up, but that has nothing to do with the 50 or 60cc pro saws.

I was all set to get a 562 and then they kept putting them off and putting them off. I got over it. The 261cm suits my cutting style a lot better than the 346 and I don't see a 550 changing that. The 461 is the strongest in the 70cc class now so until husky gets the new one out then I'll just use stihls. I do have a 394 and 357 here to go along with the 460 and 088 that will be here Monday.

Well, that problem is yours, and not anyone elses - but how about the recall (that actually is a recall) on the MS661? :givebeer:

**** will some times happen with new models, regardless what it is, and what brand!

It wasn't the recall, but the fact that Stihl realized there was a problem, recalled the saw and will more than likely fix the problem.

Husky however, didn't....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It wasn't the recall, but the fact that Stihl realized there was a problem, recalled the saw and will more than likely fix the problem.

Husky however, didn't....

I understand that the issue with the 661 is really serious, as it is a true recall - the 562xp "issue" wasn't even close to that level, just a dispute with the EPA about formalities.

I understand that the issue with the 661 is really serious, as it is a true recall - the 562xp "issue" wasn't even close to that level, just a dispute with the EPA about formalities.

Well it sure took them long enough to get it worked out. There's been the case bolt upgrade and other stuff with them also. We'll see if the 661 takes longer to be reintroduced or not.

I understand that the issue with the 661 is really serious, as it is a true recall
What do you understand about the recall? I have been trying to figure it out and no one knows for sure.

Latest posts

Back