2014 Stihl catalog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoom

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anybody pic one up yet??? It has the ms241 and ms661 in it. Obviously no more 460 and no mention of the 660. A few new weed wackers too.

Im jones'in for one of them ms241's, but one dealer says we wont see them till the end of summer. My good Stihl dealer says it might be in his spring order.

I was told today that 241s are available here. I haven't ordered one yet.
I went to my dealer the other day and told him to order me one as soon as they were available to him. The best part is I have gift certificates enough to cover it from this Xmas,last Xmas,and my birthday.

Meh... tric. We are not on the metric system here yet... even though my 8th grade science teacher said it would happen about 30 years ago. The weight to power ratio color does not seem to cross-correlate. A red value in one is yellow in another. Also it is more generally accepted to use the power to weight ratio, not weight to power. But hey, it looks snazzy.

Last edited:
What's the word on 661 availability?

According to the German arbor sites, the soonest the 661 will be available is the later part of February. However, they are hinting there that the 661 will not be re-released until Q2 of '14... meaning more like April timeframe. Stihl is very tight lipped about the issues with the 661, and what is being done to resolve them. Meanwhile there are posts about some new pre-recall 661s on some shelves in the US and UK.

241C is now available.

The bad thing about the 661 recall is that there are no more 660's. I'm out and can't order any more.

I saw no need to compare a 661 to a 170 so the colors are relative within each subgroup of saws. Here you go with the US units.
View attachment 329380
I have a 241 that I got at my dealer in Winfield ks. Last Friday-- very smooth-- light weight-- surprising power-- it's going to brad tomorrow

241C is now available.

The bad thing about the 661 recall is that there are no more 660's. I'm out and can't order any more.

Depends on your distributor. Not available in a lot of places yet. Stihl has certainly shot itself in the foot with the 661 release, worldwide.

Depends on your distributor. Not available in a lot of places yet. Stihl has certainly shot itself in the foot with the 661 release, worldwide.
Couldn't agree more wouldn't want to be the person at stihl that dropped the ball on the 661 spoke to my stihl dealer here in Ozz and he reacons late February early march does any body here think that the661 will be released world wide all at one time there can't be to many 660 left out there?

Word is they started manufacturing the 660 again so they should be available everywhere again. Dealers around here can get 660's all day long

Latest posts

Back