• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2015 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinwilt68

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This saw was straight gassed, and it will need a new P&C the old 1 was toast. It is off the saw. Asking 450.00 but I am open to offers, this was my friends saw and he traded this to me towards my new 562XP. I can get a new oem kit for $150.00, I can install it or send it with the saw. I already miss my 562XP so I need to move this to get 1 back.

Pics

Attachments

• 20161216_131516.jpg
    20161216_131516.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 147
  • 20161216_131532.jpg
    20161216_131532.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 155
  • 20161216_131601.jpg
    20161216_131601.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
I would agree if my saw was older or in worse condition. It is only a yr old.
fyi i just bought a nib 372 for 715 out the door no tax. I believe if you priced it at 250 it would sell . nobody is buying this close to Chrismas. 02 cents

Yes, they were. But we kind of figured it was the problem before we looked. This was my friends saw and I am not looking to make a profit, just break even, maybe I allowed him a little to much, but he is my friend and I was tryin to be fair, he takes gd care of his saws, his son made an honest mistake.

Easy fix for 130.00 and 15 min of work.
Per my PM, my suggestion would be to fix it, then, and sell it here for the low $400 range or go fishing on eBay. Something fixed (with OEM parts) and running with a couple tanks through it is worth more than something that's non-running (plus suspected repair parts), with a question mark as to what it'll actually take, especially given the plastic cage bearings on these saws, that really like their oil in the fuel.

Mike

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lots of great guys commenting and lots of truth to what you are all saying.
But there is always another side to the story so it seems we could give him a break.
A buddy of mine just picked up a box of 6 or 7 cylinders and guess what was in it, yes a cylinder for this saw. He paid a very low price and is 100% capable of doing the work himself.
Please know I'm not disagreeing about the cost to have this work done or the cost of parts, but saying that sometimes people have a bottom end laying around that they paid little for and sometimes people have top ends around they are looking for a bottome end for.
Another thing to consider is that someone may not want to pay new price even if they can get it for dealer cost as they are going to port it anyway and even a savings of 75-100 is still a savings.
Also to my buddy @gary courtney I've sold 4 saws in the last 2 weeks and another buddy bought one on here last night......

Lot's of ways to look at things guys :).

Let's face it. The truth is everyone wants the best deal possible. We are all cheap. I see both sides of this sale as being right.
It could be a quick fix, but I always split them and swap the bearings out. Just my preference.
I'm into mine for just about $485. Not including any time to fix it. I know I'm into it heavy, but it doesn't bother me. Simply because if it doesn't sell. I'm going to use it for a while and sell it off eventually. Every time I list a used runner on cl it sells quick for $425-450. So to me that's a year or two of firewood for $50-75. Not a hard loss to take then .

So don't worry about anything if it doesn't sell. Fix it use it and then sell it off for 90% of your investment, after you have cut 20-30 cord with it.

Steven

Lots of great guys commenting and lots of truth to what you are all saying.
But there is always another side to the story so it seems we could give him a break.
A buddy of mine just picked up a box of 6 or 7 cylinders and guess what was in it, yes a cylinder for this saw. He paid a very low price and is 100% capable of doing the work himself.
Please know I'm not disagreeing about the cost to have this work done or the cost of parts, but saying that sometimes people have a bottom end laying around that they paid little for and sometimes people have top ends around they are looking for a bottome end for.
Another thing to consider is that someone may not want to pay new price even if they can get it for dealer cost as they are going to port it anyway and even a savings of 75-100 is still a savings.
Also to my buddy @gary courtney I've sold 4 saws in the last 2 weeks and another buddy bought one on here last night......

Lot's of ways to look at things guys :).
i need in your circle. my area the people do not have 2 dimes to rub together right now ! lol!:envy:

Back