2016 MS361 roll call, who's still got one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 046 had a broken chain brake handle among other things when I bought it. The only place I could find one was at the dealer. The handle for the 046 is exactly the same as the one for a 460. At the time I bought the new handle, Stihl was still making the 460. The funny part was if I had them order it for 046, it was twice as expensive as the one for the 460. They told me it was more expensive because I was ordering a part for a saw no longer in production. I laughed a bit because the same part number was still being used on the 460. I had them order one for a 460 and saved a bunch of cash. I think i paid around $36 plus $4.50 freight and sales tax on everything. Out the door it cost about $43. I'm not sure if the 362 uses the same handle as a 361, but you might be able to pick one up at the dealer. The chain brake handle is an important part in my eyes, so I wanted OEM.

Bought my 361 in '09 and cut about 8 cords a year. First problem this week... wouldn't fire... thought of the coil but pulled the kill switch wire and she roared. Problem solved! Great saw for a guy in his sixties!My Stihl w 24 inch bar.png

Family photo, finished cutting with the 361 for the season today. The 024 has one more job (cutting a Christmas tree) and I will clean them each up for their winter slumber.

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

I think I've owned my 361 about 18 months now and it's my go to saw 80% of the time. I bought it on eBay before I found this site for 450 shipped from NY. The seller didn't take any pictures of the bar and when I got it it was pretty much trashed So i got a 20" ES for it now.
Sorry the pictures had a 24" Sugi Hara on at the time.

Muffler modded and squish is set at 0.0185, it's a decent little runner.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back