Which big saw: ported 460, 066, ported 066? Help spend my money!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool op. Don't count out sending it to tn to get Randy to make it super banana powered. He did a saw for me and it's awsome.

Cool op. Don't count out sending it to tn to get Randy to make it super banana powered. He did a saw for me and it's awsome.

I thought about that too, since I'll be driving through Tennessee this November. I know there's lots of guys that build great saws. Someday I'd love to have the cash to own a saw from each builder. I figure I'll start with Scott since he only lives an hour and a half from me, and I'd like to support his business after his heart attack.

But, if I strike it rich, mastermind, bsnelling, tlandrum, and more folks here will be hearing from me. :) :)

If it was me I'd find a 064 and send it to Tree Monkey. He builds a very stout saw. Seems that 064's go for a lot less than 066/660's and you could put the savings towards something else.

Scott's 064s are really something special too.

Save u'r money on porting (it's a fad anyway) and get a few @mdavlee chains. Instant power boost

A silly fad......

I see it similar, you are actually lucky to keep the 460! The 90cc saws only shine in real large wood. There is no realistc speed advantage in smaller wood and all you are doing is carrying much more weight and wasting much more fuel for those short moments... Kind of reminds me of something else...:D

Latest posts

Back